Window Rattle Advice Please?

J4MMYz

Reaction score
Hello all, been a long time since i've been on here.

My car is now 1 year and 2 months old, and has developed an annoying window rattle. It sounds like a glass cracking sound and recently went into my Audi Dealer for this problem.

Now, it normally happens when wet - if it's been raining and I put my window down and back up again the noise would happen. Driver, and Passenger side. It seems to have gotten better on the drivers side, but the passenger side now constantly at any ungiving moment will rattle like hell. Even my girlfriend complained about it and she never complains about noises.

So, it went in for them to only put Critox gel in the windows which just did nothing. In fact it might be worse now lol. It mainly happens on rougher surfaces. I don't mean potholes I mean surfaces that come through the car more (ones that are pretty old) I experimented and put the window half way down and I can still hear it. Surely this is the window regulator? (seen this before on here) Or something inside the door card holding the window?

I know there are lots of people with experiences like this on this forum... I know there are previous threads but they are all talk for pages and pages and I just want answers to this so I can go back to my Audi Dealer with information and more backup as I don't like being messed about (however, they aren't messing me about yet and never have.. been very impressed)

Help would be much appreciated.

From reading other threads I could be wrong but the rubber door seals seem to cop some of the blame for this !
I have rattle issues as well so I have ordered a einzete gummi pflege stick I'll post my findings on here

Reactions: Liquidfusion-S3
Cant help much, mine was knocking over almost all speed bumps, cats eyes, pot holes etc but DID stop when glass was lowered slightly. Was told that it was due to dirty Window seals & its been about 4 weeks now since Audi cleaned them & problem has gone away. Never got chance to speak to Audi tech afterwards.
Wish they'd done the "Audi-cam" thing during the clean to show how its done.

Hm, might try cleaning the stuff out with WD-40 and a rag, and if it doesn't stop then i'll ring them back and see...

Pages and pages of talk to find the answer? The forum search function finds an answer pretty quickly.

The search function took me to the link in the FAQ's under window rattles. Also its a very short thread :sunglasses:. Linked it for you below.

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/windows-rattling.222187/

As a side, your dealer will keep on applying gummi pledgfe to remedy the issue. Better off buying some as per the link and keeping on top of it.

If it's more of a creaking noise than a rattle then it is more likely an issue with the door card or inside the window mechanism etc. Mine had a slight rattle and heavy creaking and the gummi pledgfe sorted it.

Last edited:
Reactions: veeeight