window not working, help needed.

OllyS4

Reaction score
My wires A3 1.8t quottro driver window has stopped working.
She went to open it when it was frozen and now it does nothing when you press down and just buzzes for a few seconds then stops when you press up. I think the window has come out the runners maybe.
So how can I take the door card off to have a look?
Are tyre any other hints or tips to fixing this problem?
Cheers
Olly

Sounds like the window regulator mate I have the same problem on my to do list!

I've just taken the door card off and noticed the cable had snapped, so my question now is...
Is it possible to change just the wire or do i need to buy the whole window reg at £90?

I've just taken the door card off and noticed the cable had snapped, so my question now is...
Is it possible to change just the wire or do i need to buy the whole window reg at £90?

Hi there. I had a snapped cable as well which I repaired with one of these kits from ebay:
AUDI A3 8L 3 DOOR WINDOW REGULATOR CABLES AND CLIPS FRONT - RIGHT DRIVER SIDE | eBay

It's been working fine for over a year now so no complaints, touch wood. One tip if you decide to do it is to compress the two springs with small zip ties when you're putting the cable back round the pulleys and then snip the cable ties when it's back together. You also have to be carefull to count the turns and note the direction when installing the cable round the white plastic spool. I also bought a tube of silicone grease to grease the mechanism and the runners.

Cheers.

Last edited:
That looks spot on thanks.
I'll give it ago, cheers for the fitting tips aswell.
I'll post up when i've done it and if i remember i'll do a fitting guide for others.

I'll post up when i've done it and if i remember i'll do a fitting guide for others.
Take a few pics Olly and we can make it a stickie,if possible of course