Window Cleaning Help

Trevolly

Reaction score
Hi all.

I’m wondering if anyone can offer any advice with cleaning my A3’s windows. I’ve tried different products but tbh I seem to really struggle with getting them clean without smears. I’m pretty fussy with smears and cleanliness of the windows. It’s become a real bane, especially the inside of the windscreen.

I’ve used different products.... Autoglym Fast Glass, Auto Finesse Crystal, Dodo Juice Clearly Menthol Glass Cleaner and Autoglym Car Glass Polish. I pre clean with snow foam and Citrus cleaner before washing. I’ve also clawed the windows. I’ve also used brand new Magic Eraser pads and washed the screen before using sprays. I use glass cloths, Cloudbuster Glass WaffleCloth and Dodo Juice Mint Merkin Glass Cloth.

I’d really appreciate any help as it’s doing my head and I hate cleaning the windows.

Last edited:
Are you wiping off in one direction only. If you go backwards and forwards you risk moving any grease back onto the clean area. Also are the smears on the inside or outside of the glass.

If it's the inside you may need to try using a degreaser first before using the glass cleaner to give it the best chance of working

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

Take a look at this video - it may help for the white streaks you describe. It does need a bit of elbow grease tho (or invest in a DA)

As above I find wiping one direction is the way forward.
Haven't had any streaks using Gyeon glass and above method.
Bought a cheap Kent blue window glass cloth and it is streak free

You can always Clay the glass to pick up any debris but I use a 50:50 mixture of IPA & distilled water this evaporates off leave no residue. Sometimes it takes a couple of applications to clean of any residual muck. Good luck

Reactions: Jassyo06
Sorry all been away on holiday so thanks for all the advice / suggestions. Gonna sound stupid but what’s IPA and can anyone recommend anything?

Sorry all been away on holiday so thanks for all the advice / suggestions. Gonna sound stupid but what’s IPA and can anyone recommend anything?
Isopropyl Alcohol. Most detailing websites stock it. Dilute as necessary

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I thought it was an ale ;-)

Reactions: Andy F, feva, Adam14 and 1 other person