Wind Noise

The_Ironist

Reaction score
New issue.

Wind whistling noise in cabin at 70mph+.

Not sure but think it's coming through the vents.

Recently hit badger on drivers side front bumper, it came very close to the radiator and area around it.

Any idea what could be causing this?

New issue.

Wind whistling noise in cabin at 70mph+.

Not sure but think it's coming through the vents.

Recently hit badger on drivers side front bumper, it came very close to the radiator and area around it.

Any idea what could be causing this?

The interior vents can be removed very easily using trim tools/ plastic kids cutlery or strong fingernails. Start at one edge and gently lift out. Take out one vent at a time and go for a drive. You might have something small caught in the shaft leading up to the vent or directly behind the vent its self. Dry leaf perhaps? Each vent has the turn on and off motion by turning the silver outer edge, then also the movement to open the small fan vents by pushing/ pulling the middle button. Could it be caused by a vibration at certain revs or is it defo wind noise?

Reactions: Rob2k68
Definitely sounds like a wind whistle and not a vibration.

Will close all the vents on the way home and see if that makes a difference. If it does then I guess turn on one by one until I identify which one is causing the issue, and remove that one for further investigation.

Will update, thanks.

Definitely sounds like a wind whistle and not a vibration.

Will close all the vents on the way home and see if that makes a difference. If it does then I guess turn on one by one until I identify which one is causing the issue, and remove that one for further investigation.

Will update, thanks.

Yes turn on /off each one and also push in / out the middle to operate the flaps. I would start drivers side first. Then remove that fan completely using the method mentioned and let us know.

Good luck
Jungle

Definitely not vents seems more like window.

As if the seal has gone, hopefully not due to my pressure washing.

Had windscreen replaced by auto glass nearly 12 months ago so have logged with them for an inspection.

Mine has been like that from new, just thought it was a feature :grinning:

Some more people in THIS thread.

Reactions: TYb
Mine gets a little from the rear windows I think, everything looks to be fitting as it should so not sure???

To help find the source of the leak if you suspect that it's the window tape over the joint/gap of widow to door frame using a low tack tape the drive the car. If this solves it then it may be possible to adjust the glass up to increase engagement into the seals.

Autoglass have been decent.

Master tech went on drive with me and agreed it sounded like bottom passenger side of the windscreen. He thought it looked good from the outside but agreed even a pinhole could be the cause.

On taking off the window there was a small bubble in the glue in the right area but not all the way through. Replaced it anyway.

Unfortunately still have the issue.

Don't know what to do next steps. This noise is definitely new.

Could it be coming from the windscreen vent? It's still present with all air con off and all vents closed.

did you ever solve this? i recall seeing a TPI from Audi somewhere about whistling windows.