Wind Deflectors

The wind buffeting when the drivers side window is down is awful though . . any other ideas or options to deal with it ?

When I had the RS3 for a few hours I noticed this A LOT! As soon as I was back in my 3door S3 it was a lot quieter!

Wind deflectors are especially useful if you want to drive along with the window down so the world can hear the B&O pumping out. Or so I've heard! But no-one on this forum would do that would they?

I can belt the B&O out through the open windows with the best of em but what the wind deflectors bring to the party, apart from looking rediculous, is completely beyond me I'm afraid!!

Had them a few years ago on different cars, then grew up and out of them -.- pretty much useless, I never really noticed much difference with them...

its never going to be a silent drive.. no matter what you use, want it quiet? close the window -.-

Had them a few years ago on different cars, then grew up and out of them -.- pretty much useless, I never really noticed much difference with them...

its never going to be a silent drive.. no matter what you use, want it quiet? close the window -.-

Exactly!!

Imagine wind deflectors had never been invented and you took them onto 'Dragons Den' ....................I think you'd get the classic reply ................................'well done you've come up with a solution to a problem that doesn't actually exist..................and they look ****** awful' !!

................I'm out :)

Reactions: Smir
Is everyone missing the main use for them? Open windows when it's raining and you don't get wet, help with demisting If you don't want to use the air con. A little added bonus as well, the windows don't freeze shut in the winter :)

There does seem to be certain hatred of them on this forum mind but each to their own. Mock all you like but you're the odd one out on a ford forum for example if you don't like them. It's just peoples opinions on things. I'm sure there's stuff people do to their Audi's that other car enthusiasts on other forums wouldn't be seen dead doing to their car

Reactions: Blackwhite, veeeight and Simon L
There does seem to be certain hatred of them on this forum mind but each to their own. Mock all you like but you're the odd one out on a ford forum for example if you don't like them. It's just peoples opinions on things. I'm sure there's stuff people do to their Audi's that other car enthusiasts on other forums wouldn't be seen dead doing to their car

.............................It was a decent enough sales pitch mate but you're right I really do hate them with a passion!!

In fact I'd rather hang fluffy dice from my rear view mirror, fit mudflaps, anti-static strips, go-faster stripes or a large pair of plastic knockers to my front grill ;)

Reactions: MA3RC
.............................It was a decent enough sales pitch mate but you're right I really do hate them with a passion!!

In fact I'd rather hang fluffy dice from my rear view mirror, fit mudflaps, anti-static strips, go-faster stripes or a large pair of plastic knockers to my front grill ;)

and that's what makes us unique. Life would be boring if we all drove the same car, wore the same sweatshirt and listened to the same music.

Ps go faster stripes on the right car are a huge win win! ;)

Reactions: Simon L
and that's what makes us unique. Life would be boring if we all drove the same car, wore the same sweatshirt and listened to the same music.

Ps go faster stripes on the right car are a huge win win! ;)

..........very true!! ..............and at least you know what to get me for xmas!! lol

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-accessories/interior-car-accessories/leopard-print-furry-dice

cheap mod there for you :p

shame couldn't find the pink ones like they have had in store -.-

Reactions: xanderxxx and Simon L
I'm sure there's stuff people do to their Audi's that other car enthusiasts on other forums wouldn't be seen dead doing to their car

They don't seem to like the backwards baseball cap when I'm in the S3 ;)

Reactions: Blackwhite, MA3RC and Simon L
They don't seem to like the backwards baseball cap when I'm in the S3 ;)

Next you'll be driving this.... What is the world coming to :search:

a27b4c1c2255b749e73499b02aa977c4.jpg

Reactions: Blackwhite and veeeight
The wind buffeting when the drivers side window is down is awful though . . any other ideas or options to deal with it ?

1. Driver and passenger window only 2/3 open
2. Open front passenger window & rear off-side window i.e diagonally opposite windows
3. Buy a 3-door as they don't have the problem.