Sportback Will warranty be void with secondary decats on pfl rs3??

S3_Sanni

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Been looking on forum but cant see a definite answer but as title states, would the warranty be void?

I seen someone selling it from audi on this forum and was interested in buying it..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d of thought if they wanted to be awkward then they could void the warranty on the exhaust system.
They’d then need to prove that the decats had caused the failure you were claiming for.
Probably 99% of it depends on the dealer whether they try and blame them or not.

Reactions: DW81
I had them and it never impacted any warranty work indeed Audi never even mentioned it.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: DW81
They take 15 mins to remove if needed.

Thanks for the messages lads... got the sports exhaust.. but wanting secondary decats for more louder pops and bangs!!

Thanks for the messages lads... got the sports exhaust.. but wanting secondary decats for more louder pops and bangs!!

You won't regret it!

Reactions: S3_Sanni and DW81

Earplugs needed! Still really miss that sound :(

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: S3_Sanni and D0C
I had warranty work done on my 8P RS3 while decats where fitted, they replaced the whole back section of the exhaust because whilst it was in for a service, because they noticed the flaps rattling in the back box.....

I had warranty work done on my 8P RS3 while decats where fitted, they replaced the whole back section of the exhaust because whilst it was in for a service, because they noticed the flaps rattling in the back box.....

It must depend on the dealership then.. you were a lucky one lol

Although Audi decats they aren’t fitted to the pfl at the factory so classed as a modification.
Although anyone voiding a warranty because of them clearly were looking for a way not to do the job in the first place.

The Audi dealership employee probably wouldnt know and wouldnt care it decats were fitted or not

Reactions: deanshaw24
The Audi dealership employee probably wouldnt know and wouldnt care it decats were fitted or not

Err no

The service manager actually commented about the Decats
But as far as he was concerned it wasn't an issue.

This is back in early 2015 though and I imagine things have tightened up now.

Err no

The service manager actually commented about the Decats
But as far as he was concerned it wasn't an issue.

This is back in early 2015 though and I imagine things have tightened up now.

Which dealership do you go to? I’d love to go somewhere that cared about the car and had the knowledge to comment

By the way where’s @Spinstorm hes normally the one with the conjecture

Toyo secondary decats.. anybody heard of them??

Seen them on eBay for £99 but don’t know anyone who’s actually used them.
You can buy the genuine ones without gaskets or nuts for about £120 from TPS

Reactions: S3_Sanni
If you're going to go for any secondary decat option, go for the Audi ones, then at the very least you can plead ignorance. For the sake of £20 I wouldn't go with an ebay special and the Milltek ones have 'OFF ROAD USE ONLY' printed on them.

Reactions: S3_Sanni
Are gasket and nuts needed? Or can i use the ones already with the car

My comment on warranty being void is based on a comment from Audi in a rejected warranty claim.

The car was mapped, the gearbox went bang. The car was flashed back, went in with decat pipes. Audi blamed the gearbox failure on a remap (TD1 flagged it despite it being flashed back) and that “a torque spike could have occurred with the lack of secondary cats”.

Are gasket and nuts needed? Or can i use the ones already with the car

Use the ones on the car. I did. Although new ones are cheap enough so why not.

All this talk of different manufacturers and which one to go for makes me laugh though...it's a straight through bit of pipe!

Reactions: T-800 and S3_Sanni
Use the ones on the car. I did. Although new ones are cheap enough so why not.

All this talk of different manufacturers and which one to go for makes me laugh though...it's a straight through bit of pipe!

Agreed @Doc the 'Not for road use' simply fell off.......:search:

Reactions: AudiNutta
Been looking on forum but cant see a definite answer but as title states, would the warranty be void?

I seen someone selling it from audi on this forum and was interested in buying it..

when was your car registration as the warranty would be nearly up anyway on a 2015 one

maybe wait abit until you have like 6/8 months left, but its your call :thumbs up:
No need to wait! Secondary decat pipes are a 15 minute job to remove if so unlucky to need a warranty claim.