will TTRS/RS3 Brembo fronts fit my 18s...?

the wheels you're talking about won't fit s3 ( actually it will fit but there will be rubbing, and they will be out of fenders about 1 cm ). they seem to be from a5 or tt. with oem s3 wheels which are 18x8 et54 you need 10 mm spacer.

hmm, well they're on my S3 right now, haven't noticed any rubbing.

which way do the ETs work? eg if ET54 needs 10mm spacer does that mean ET44 would need 20mm spacer or no spacer?

Cheers

The lower the number the further it sticks out the arch.

They must hang out over the arch by a mile if they are et29

Reactions: S.
not notice, will have a look tomorrow though!

at least the TTRS brakes should fit without spacers then lol

don't know how you managed to fit 8,5j et29 on a s3. if they are et43 they fit (even that might be out of fenders). maybe you wrote wrong wheel specs. anyway with ttrs brakes is a bit of a try and miss. 8,5j et43 might clear the brakes.

they were already on the car when i bought it 2/3 months ago. I identified them on a site showing all VAG wheels, maybe they have 2 that look the same but different ET etc!
I'm doing a couple of bits if it's dry on saturday anyway, so I'll have a wheel off and check the sizes

cheers for the replies

Are you sure the wheels you have on are not just normal S3 8P3 wheels ET54 7.5x18?

If you have 225 tyres on and they don't have stretch they are oem s3 wheels with et54 also the sit in 1,5-2cm from the fender.

If you have 225 tyres on and they don't have stretch they are oem s3 wheels with et54 also the sit in 1,5-2cm from the fender.

sounds about right, defo no stretch and haven't noticed wheels sticking out.

just looking at your spec list, doesn't look far off what i'm going for. already got a lot of the bits. what are 44dd's though? and also WALK and HPA controller (that for dsg?). you back on standard intercooler or is that what a forge CC is? sorry for the questions!

sounds about right, defo no stretch and haven't noticed wheels sticking out.

just looking at your spec list, doesn't look far off what i'm going for. already got a lot of the bits. what are 44dd's though? and also WALK and HPA controller (that for dsg?). you back on standard intercooler or is that what a forge CC is? sorry for the questions!
thanks mate,
well..it's been a long journey taking it to the point where it's now.
42dd (not the ones we all would like) are solid shifter bushings, there are pics in my thread after install, they sit in the shifter end links. they reduce the play of the shifter, makes it a bit more precise and solid. walk is a white line anti lift kit, it helps with traction. hpa controller is a haldex controller (in my case is gen4, on prefacelift it's gen2). i got it from ebay 2nd hand, and the seller didn't know if it's competition or a swichable unit (with 3 settings), after a quick chat with hpa, they have told me that it's competition one, it shifts power to the rear wheels much faster, and it keeps front back power ratio as much as close to 50:50 all the time, it doesn't disengage on braking or any other ocasion, it makes haldex car into a all time 4wd. (actually the difference on normal driving isn't noticable, but when driving it properly with esp off, there's a harder kick when accelerating, car feels more like being pushed, when cornering it gives better balance, understeer is reduced, and it actually allows 4wd power slides when pushing it hard). i've sold the forge twintercooler with the plan to get wagner one, but never got to it. forge cc is forge catch can, i've removed front pcv, and it collects junk that goes back to the engine.
sorry for long post.

Reactions: lincoln_dj
My S3 had those as stock wheels and an 11mm spacer was enough. Little to no room from the caliper to inside of the wheel though and a stone got wedged doing 70 and dug a trench into the alloy. BBK CK's which are ET44 fit fine without a spacer.

My S3 had those as stock wheels and an 11mm spacer was enough. Little to no room from the caliper to inside of the wheel though and a stone got wedged doing 70 and dug a trench into the alloy. BBK CK's which are ET44 fit fine without a spacer.

What that with the TTRS brakes? Really don't want to use spacers if I can help it. May look at getting 19's but already paid to have these ones sprayed black!

Guess other option is stick with 345mm but try different discs n pads.

What that with the TTRS brakes? Really don't want to use spacers if I can help it. May look at getting 19's but already paid to have these ones sprayed black!

Guess other option is stick with 345mm but try different discs n pads.

Yes and that isn't with TTRS discs but AP Racing 362mm which are slightly smaller. 18's can work but only a few types of wheels fit.