Will this fit my car???

killa_z

Couped Out
Reaction score
this is a pic of an s3 engine

30uskg3.jpg

i wanted this water tank/washer fluid tank cover (as circled) on my 1997 1.6? will it fit normally, do i have the necessary fixments and is the size the same?

any help appreciated

sorry bit of a hijack, same question as the original poster, will the red highlighted bit fit, but also will the yellow bit fit on my car with any extra drilling or anything, its a 99 1.8t sport.

killa_z said:
this is a pic of an s3 engine

30uskg3.jpg

i wanted this water tank/washer fluid tank cover (as circled) on my 1997 1.6? will it fit normally, do i have the necessary fixments and is the size the same?

any help appreciated
I'm fairly sure it would, as I've seen them on Golfs before. Not 100% though...

skanky said:
sorry bit of a hijack, same question as the original poster, will the red highlighted bit fit, but also will the yellow bit fit on my car with any extra drilling or anything, its a 99 1.8t sport.

It depends on your intercooler set up. If you've got twin side mounts like the S3/ Leon Cupra R then it should fit, if you've got a single sidemount, like the Golf, then it wont. Why do you want to swap anyway?

no real reason, just looks nicer all compartment'd away :) mine is exposed at the moment, are 1.8t sport's supposed to be like that?

Yes it will fit mate , you have to buy the mounting bracket that attaches to header tank , BUT you will have to change your washer bottle to an S3 one as original will not line up with the new position.The cover then just clips the the wing down the sides . As for the inlet its a different set up on the S3

heres a pic of my engine with the covers fitted to a 1.8T sport

LatestenginepicAug06res.jpg

skanky said:
no real reason, just looks nicer all compartment'd away :) mine is exposed at the moment, are 1.8t sport's supposed to be like that?

mate, the silver thing you've highlighted yellow is the inlet manifold!

It exits to the offside on your A3 for a reason! :)

skanky said:

If you look the inlet you have highlighted has no hose on it! Also it is on the left handside on the A3, as the Side mount is on that side.

concoursneil said:
Yes it will fit mate , you have to buy the mounting bracket that attaches to header tank , BUT you will have to change your washer bottle to an S3 one as original will not line up with the new position.The cover then just clips the the wing down the sides . As for the inlet its a different set up on the S3

Dude!!

Where did you get your engine cover done?? It's absolutely awesome! Likinv v v much!!

Andy

LaSarthe&Back said:
Dude!!

Where did you get your engine cover done?? It's absolutely awesome! Likinv v v much!!

Andy

The idea was my own mate , i think if audi had gone a little bit further when they did the engine for the T Sport , i would like to think i have got the engine looking like they would have made it.

I have just got the inlet manifold to polish up now , when ive got a spare ten minutes.
Im well pleased with the way ive done it now.
Will be at Castle combe on the 14 oct all going well

Here's another pic for you to drool over:hubbahubba: :biggrin:
RIMG0083.jpg

Here a link to my gallery too
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=39

looks nice

how much did the carbon fibre look cost, (i think its carbon fibre)

that is one mod i would love to do, when i get a s3

makes the engine look so much better

Ive just sprayed the chrome grill surround Black now on a spare grill ive got hold of so thats going on this weekend hope fully that should look ok, from what ive seen on a few other cars now it does suit black cars.
The rings are still chrome tho

concoursneil said:

dammnn, thatas one fine looking engine, i would bother that much too if i had a 1.8t or s3 lump, im not gonna bother too much with my little 1.6, just tryna make it look neater

so back to my cover originally enquired about, is the whole process hard?
also where can i get: mounting bracket, s3 washer bottle and lastly the actual cover!

help!

thanks so far

Main dealer for bracket mate and bottle
Bracket and screw £7 i think , washer bottle approx £30

The cover is main dealer part too, cant remember price now but £40 or bit more if i remember

thats almost £100 for covering 1 side!

i'll definatly get the racket and screw from dealer then look for braking/salavage or spares auctions for the rest

thanks again

yep, im hoping to find some for 'student' prices, ha

thanks for all the replies!

concoursneil, i have a couple of questions....

what is the shinny thing right behind your airbox ??

Also where has your strut brace gone ??

V Nice engine - like it alot.

cjhill said:
concoursneil, i have a couple of questions....

what is the shinny thing right behind your airbox ??

Also where has your strut brace gone ??

V Nice engine - like it alot.

Its a T sport so no strut brace mate , im going to fit a polished Neuspeed one in the near future

Shiny bits mate are my own making ....
It my job so ive got a few more hidden add ons in there too :cool:
It me adding my own personal touches mate ive always been one for having nice looking engines that ive added personal touches.
Heres a pic of my old Concours Nova gte engine that i won 6 trophies with.

You will see a few more shiny bits on that that ive made too, i just like to be a little more individual, but taste full the way i do it
b808725d.jpg

8b893d25.jpg

Cheers for all the comments guys glad you like it , visit my gallery and leave the odd comment:biggrin: