Will these wheels fit on my car ??

sc00byd00byd00

Frank and Beans...............
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Anybody know if these wheels will fit on a 2004 A4 Avant Quattro (2.5TDI 180) ?

1070824-1.jpg

I know I am currently on 235/45/17 rubber

On the A5's they run 245/40/18's

5 x 112 ET29

8.5J x 18

Anybody ? ;-)

Think they would fit but you may need spacers to bring the ET up abit

I think someone has posted fairly recently having fitted ET29 wheels onto a B6. I'm not sure how 245/40 18's would fit in with your existing gearing...?

I'm not 100% sure but I think you will also need an adaptor ring. As the hub location diameter is bigger on the A5 wheels.

Won't spacers push the wheels OUT (i.e. reducing the offset), not in? I though around ET40 was the lowest you should go on the B6?

Rubber will be a bit too wide for the A4 too... S4's run on 235 width, A4's are usually 215-225 width (but will run 205 - 235 width without a prob)...

The 40 profile on those 18's is correct, but due to the width, the rolling radius will be higher - but it won't be miles out (warning your speedo may UNDER read slightly and gearing will be slightly higher).

With 245/40/18 ain issue is going to be the combo of that 245 width AND the ET29 offset (so that's 15mm on the offset and 20-30mm on the tyre width).... so there's a fair chance of rubbing... 215/40/18 would probably be okay....

I have no idea on the centre bore.... but no_idea has.... sorry, couldn't help it ;)

Not a big fan of these ...sorry

The A5 has a larger centre bore hub, so you will need reducing rings to fit to your A4

I have a few sets of the oem Audi/BBS 8.5x19 A4 wheels similar to the picture below.

£1200 a set delivered.
TOArear750.jpg

^ not a bad looking alloy, look good on the right motor!

ET29 will stick out too much on a standard B6/7 A4. ET35 is the absolute limit you can run without them stciking out of the arches and looking rediculous.

Think they would fit but you may need spacers to bring the ET up abit

I dont think you're quite understanding wheel offsets. ET29 will stick out too far, and adding spacers will make it even worse. Higher offset i.e. ET35 will stick further into the arch, not out.

I dont think you're quite understanding wheel offsets. ET29 will stick out too far, and adding spacers will make it even worse. Higher offset i.e. ET35 will stick further into the arch, not out.

Hear hear!

another example... my old Mk3 Golf needed was ET38 as OEM, but anything around ET30-ET38 offset was geenrally regarded as completely fine: The BBS RX2 alloys that I bought for it were ET45 offset and the car looked WAY too narrow with those, so I got some 15mm hubcentrics (spacers) and pushed the offset OUT to ET30 so the stance looked a lot wider...

ET29 will stick out too much on a standard B6/7 A4. ET35 is the absolute limit you can run without them stciking out of the arches and looking rediculous.

22062009328.jpg

What like this...:arco:

Its all about the stance...
Poke=WIN:rock:

Fear any female driving that, scraped rims are us...

Sorry forgot that spacers reduce the ET, apologies for duff info!!!!!

If it helps you any im running 19x9's ET41 and thats right on the limit before getting any poke

22062009324.jpg

Yeah.. there legit S-line rims recently refurbed with polished lips..19'x9' allround 215/35/19 p-zeros..Avant is changing every week at the moment :keule:

That looks ace !

Are they genuine Audi Rims or OEM's ? Take it your running 215's too ?

Is your car lowered any more then standard. Would love to see some more pics of it.

Hmmmm.... those look slightly strange.... IMO that pic is just confirmation that ET35 and 8.5J is the furthest away from OEM you should really go.

Don't get me wrong... those are absolutely magnificent wheels (probably one of my favourites), but could do with having a slightly higher offset and a little more width on the rubber.

I know they supposed to be S-line OEM, but which S-Line had 9" width wheels? The A6/A8 maybe? Pretty sure none of the A4-B6's...

The S4 had 8" and ET45, so the face of those are sat 28mm further out than OEM (16mm of offset and 12mm each side due to the 1" wider wheel)....

Also, the S4 had 235mm tyres, hence why those look so stretched (most manufacturers recommend that 215mm wide tyres go on a maximum of 8.5J wheels).... but to be fair, I don't think that 235mm wide tyres would fit on alloys that are that wide and with an offset that low.

Feeling very conflicted.... just about everything screams "yes" so much that it just end up being a scream.... hmmmm.....

LostBok, Thats the whole point of his Look, The Stretched Look, Think it was Intentional to make them look like that...maybe im wrong!

Nothing Strange about them IMO (of course)

Im sure Ive seen them alloys on the A3 Sline...

The offset doesnt matter as regards to whether the 235 tyre would fit the 9J alloy or not, Ive had 235's on a 9J no probs and they looked fine. Abit of a stretch but fitted without no probs at all.
The ET is on its own, down to how it will sit in the Arch and again, Looked fine....but again My "non O..E.:drag:..M" opinion!

Last edited:
J7 - I was agreeing 9J wheels SHOULD have 235mm tyres or similar.

My criticism of the tyre width was that he's running 215mm and most tyre manufacturers have a pretty wide range of tollerance, but they do have a minimum safe tyre width and on 9J's it is normally 225mm... and 225 will still look stretched: 215mm on 9J's is for show'n'shine cars that get taken to and from events on the back of a truck.

I know the offset doesn't change what size tyre will fit on each width of wheel... if does however create some issues ont he arches once you start pushign to extremes... if you have the car lowered and you're running significantly over spec wheels (7.5J OEM, so 9J is 38mm wider) and then trying to push the wheel further out too: ET54 vs ET29. So the centre of that wheel is 25mm further out and then add another 19mm each side (for the extra 1.5J), the outside edge of the alloy is 44mm further out than Audi ever intended it to be... I know the stock settings are pretty narrow, but 4.4cm is quit a lot... if you look at the photo's of that silver Avant, the tyre virtually taperers in to make room for the arch... if those were 235mm width (i.e. went up straight) I think he's get some rubbing because the actual height on a 40 profile 235mm wide tyre is higher than that on a 40 profile 205mm tyre.

..but thats the whole point of the Look, thats what I was getting at!
Im sure if he was looking at OEM then he would have chose the tyre accordingly...

If its the "stretched" look that he or many other are after then thats what is required, a "non Recommended" width tyre!

Also they are the A6 S Line Wheel!

:arco:I thought the tyres and low stance would offend some die hard pureists..but i have been running cars like this for over a decade and YES they are akward but i still manage to drive to the continent in them to attend shows and first and foremost this is how i roll...:lmfao:
If i wanted a normal car then i would just LEAVE it alone...
014.jpg

DSC00687-1.jpg

My last couple of cars were the same LOL...:scared2:

Last edited:
filthy - if you know what you're doing, then fine... I just through the tyre manufacturer's recomendations were for safety reasons...

All three of those all look pretty sweet... but personally I still draw the line around where J7's red devil was...

lostbok...you still have some imaginative taste in you then!!! ;)...:)

Juss - only thing I would have done different on yr reddevil was kept the blacked out grill, but gone silver rings.... rest of it was sweet as.... okay... time to pass out tnow!

ha ha.... Lol @ smooth....

that's what I like about this forum... a difference of opinions with the minimum of slanging matches....

Last edited:
...and its exactly what a forum is for - Friendly Banter!!:respekt: