Help Please Will these wheels fit a B8.5 S4?

jdp1962

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
My car is on OEM Rotors, 19x8.5J, offset is ET43. These are for an A/S5. They're 19x9J offset 33.

By my shaky calculation, the outer edge of the wheels will stick out by a combination of 10mm (difference in offset) plus half an inch (difference in J) which is about 12.5mm. That's 22.5mm in total, so just under an inch.

If they're fitted with the OEM 255/35x19 rubber, on OEM S4 suspension, how well are they likely to fit without rubbing or bottoming out?

Have the A5 rotors with same tyre set up on my own car and no rubbing at all. My car is lowered 30mm also.

3E2487F5 2E5B 4C30 ADD5 8A6EF44EB38D

Reactions: Darren92 and jdp1962
@jdp1962

I always use this :-

https://www.willtheyfit.com

You after a spare set Jeff?
It’s something I’m thinking about. I’m now at the point where three out of the four OEM rotors are imperfect. One was kerbed early on, and the refurb was a bad colour match. Since then, I’ve managed to damage two more. Getting all three properly refurbed would cost around £300 to £400, with no guarantees of matching the remaining undamaged one. Here’s an opportunity to get four new wheels for £799. Something to think about, that’s all.

Used the will they fit utility. Gearing obviously unchanged; extra poke is 16.4mm.

Last edited:
Reactions: scotty76
Feel your pain @jdp1962. Aside from my bridge kissing incident I've not kerbed mine. None the less there are a fair selection of chips on the wheels. My neighbour's black Q5 has factory fit black wheels. I'd assumed it would be too black but having seen it it looks good. One for a future refurb. :) Glad I didn't get the rotors as at least mine are easy to fix. Sorry. :(

Reactions: Keef and jdp1962
Still thinking about what to do here. Another option is to get the existing wheels tidied up. One local firm will refurb them powder coated and retain the two-colour finish for £460, but will need the car in its warehouse for four days. They have loaner wheels but none that’ll fit the S4. Another local firm has quoted £260 to do a single colour finish in 2K paint and will do the work at my home.

That might sound a cheap shot, but part of me is thinking I’ll be in this position again in a year or two. A painted lacquered finish might not have the same effect as OEM but it’d be a darned sight easier to look after.

DECISIONS, DECISIONS.....

Last edited:
@jdp1962 @scotty76 i has my rotors done in hyper silver pretty much within a few weeks of collecting my B8.5 S4 - there’s post somewhere pics

Reactions: scotty76
@jdp1962 Jeff, just re read your post, I still have a set of S4 18” wheels with winter tyres in my garage, they won’t fit my B9 and I’ve not got around to selling them yet. If you were stuck for loan wheels I could lend you them for a few days or so. Although I don’t think I’m very local to you? I’m in Warwickshire.

Reactions: scotty76 and jdp1962
@jdp1962 Jeff, just re read your post, I still have a set of S4 18” wheels with winter tyres in my garage, they won’t fit my B9 and I’ve not got around to selling them yet. If you were stuck for loan wheels I could lend you them for a few days or so. Although I don’t think I’m very local to you? I’m in Warwickshire.
@Keef , thanks mates but I’m currently pursuing the home repair strategy. Pics will follow . :thumbs up:

Reactions: scotty76 and Keef
Ok, so here's how I spent my afternoon. Taking inspiration from @Daveotto, I tried using his technique of repeated applications of successively finer-grade wet-and-dry, followed by silver polish (I used Silvo wadding polish as that's what my local hardware store had in stock) and a lacquer coat. I used a Halford lacqeur stick, which comes with a rather natty arrangement that allows you to use a brush or a nib, depending what works best.

I'm not good at this sort of thing; I'm ham-fisted and impatient, so tend to rush between stages. Nonetheless, I went from this:

IMG 0105

To this
IMG 0109

Emboldened, I had a go at another wheel that had more scattered, and deep damage, from where it slipped off the hub during a rotation and fells face down onto the drive (I know! *facepalmemojiface*)

This time, I went from this:

IMG 0107

To this:

IMG 0117

This one wasn't as successful, but as an exercise in making a defaced diamond-polished rim look respectable, I'm happy with it. I may have a further go at improving the finish on the second one; the important thing is that thanks to @Daveotto, the myth is exploded that the only way to fix damaged diamond-polished rims is to send them away for four days and pay £100+ per wheel. All you need is a bit more skill and patience than me, and a sense of proportion that is willing to accept something less than perfect.

Using the car park I use for work, it's very likely I will damage the rims again one day. This might not work for some, but it works for me. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Daveotto, matthew999, Keef and 1 other person
he important thing is that thanks to @Daveotto, the myth is exploded that the only way to fix damaged diamond-polished rims is to send them away for four days and pay £100+ per wheel. All you need is a bit more skill and patience than me, and a sense of proportion that is willing to accept something less than perfect.

Thanks for the compliment :)

Have done 3-4 self repairs now and one just the other week after I caught an edge on a pot hole, that also took a chunk out of the rim protection, the key is patience, takes me about 30 mins for a scrape like this

IMG 0672 2

Reactions: jdp1962