Will these tyres fit???

rsjohn

Reaction score
i need to change 3 of the tyres on my a3 3.2, atm i have 225 40 18, i have a set of 4 235 40 18 michelin sports which i had spare for my evo, will these fit ok without rubbing?

My standard 18" alloys came with 235/40/18 bridgestones on, so if it's not lowered I can't foresee any issues.

Thanks mate, looks like i will be changing some tyres tomorrow then!!

The standard 18" alloys on the A3 always came with 225/40-18. Anything different from that you should inform your insurance company as the tyre size has moved away from stock for the wheel.

Never realised you were supposed to inform the insurance. My new wheels are running 215/40/18, so I suppose I should give them a ring. I only thought you needed to inform them if you went from steel rims to alloys, or other more serious alterations. Thanks for the heads up.

You dont need to tell the insurance company, or at least mine have never questioned the tyre profiles.

They only care about value of wheels or if they are more likley to be stolen.

They dont care about handling or they would ask the brand and charge you more for budget than premium tyres.

The standard 18" alloys on the A3 always came with 225/40-18. Anything different from that you should inform your insurance company as the tyre size has moved away from stock for the wheel.

Thanks for your input but i only wanted to know if the tyres would fit.

They'll fit fine

I wouldn't bother telling insurance companies about change in tyre sizes, they should have better things to be at!

You dont need to tell the insurance company, or at least mine have never questioned the tyre profiles.

They only care about value of wheels or if they are more likley to be stolen.

They dont care about handling or they would ask the brand and charge you more for budget than premium tyres.

Have you told them you have changed the size? Its your responsibility to tell them of any changes away from stock. A lot of insurance companies even want factory fitted optional extras declared if you read the small print.

I have declared all my modifications. They didn't care about the size web I told them. Only the value mattered. I have even informed them of the stickers on my car and the fact I will be applying more to go to Le Mans.
If you get a decent insurer with a sensible attitude it's easy to call them and tell them all your modifications. I called recently and told them about my brake upgrade and they said it wouldn't increase my premium at all. They didn't even charge admin fees.
I use Chris Knott.

Who is Chris Knott? Is that a broker? Could you pm me the details please? thx.
EDIT: Doh! Got it. lol.