1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Will these alloys fit?

MarcoAbreu Jun 4, 2020

1. MarcoAbreu

MarcoAbreu Registered User

Had a good search through the forum but not quite got a clear cut answer as all alloys differ slightly!

I'm looking to get some Bola CSR alloys put on the car (S3 8P)

Not lowered and alloys will be 18x9 ET40 running on 225/40 tyres all around.

Will these fit on standard hight or will there be issues clearing breaks and/or serious rubbing?

Thanks in advance!

Marco

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. JG51 AUD

JG51 AUD Registered User

willtheyfit.com

JG

4. bronco

bronco Vancouver BC Canada

Ho Marco,

you should not rub or have any issues clearing brakes with your setup.

I run 18x8.5 ET45 with 225/40 and I am lowered on ST coilovers.

I did rub a bit on speed bumps with four people in the car, no rubbing after removing the rear bumper wheel well bolt.

No rubbing whatsoever with only two people in the car.

[​IMG]

Good luck !

5. samuelh_888

samuelh_888 Registered User

Hi @MarcoAbreu this will be tight at best - the ideal is an ET45 so going to an ET40 moves the alloy 5mm further to the guard. This coupled with the extra width of a 9” alloy also moved the rim closer to the suspension.

I was running a 12.5mm spacer on stock rims so an effective et of 42.5 - this rubbed with 3 kids in the back and the screw removed.

Also, if you go big brake kit then most likely the Bola will need spacers to clear.

MarcoAbreu likes this.
  6. nluk100

nluk100 Registered User

As above - I would say they would rub when going over speed bumps or if you have any adults in the back. I had 19x8.5J ET42 with 225 tyres and I got the occasional rubbing noise (on the arch liner rather than the wheel arch itself) over speed bumps.