will these alloys fit

dplovin

Reaction score
ive bought some alloys online and ive been told they wont fit???? they 8j front and 9j rear ET38 pcd 5x100

could someone please confirm this please

the car in question is a 8L S3 prefacelift

cheers bud i thought these would be fine, had alot os shi#t with buying alloys lately, bought some bbs Ch two weeks ago for him to say the other day they were out of stock, then i had to wait 6 days for the refund to clear in paypal. now ive bought bbs Lm reps with the wheel specs in question and hes just emailed me saying they wont fit.. proper pissi#g me off lol, taking nearly 4 weeks to get some alloys.

Check to see what the centre bore is on the ones you have bought as this may be why he is saying they wont fit. Its possible the centre bore will be too big or too small.

if too big its not an issue, you can use spigot rings, if too small take them to a machine shop and have the bores opened out.

Either way if the offset and PCD are correct you will be able to get them to fit one way or another.

My BBS CH reps i had before needed spigot rings and don't cost much at all so don't worry about that. Who are you buying them from? You could get 9" on the front aswell if you wanted to :)

there from ebay mate, yeah sais ET 38 on the listing headline but ET35 on the description, ill email the guy now about the centre bore size he hasent listed it, heres the link anyways
eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Yeah that's why I got them lol, but the guy asked what car I owned and when I tild him s3 he said they won't fit lol, don't know why, just needed some info for peice of mind.

Cheers guys all sorted now

It's the ET you have to watch.
I think you mite have problems with the 9j's

Pat

Yeah that's why I got them lol, but the guy asked what car I owned and when I tild him s3 he said they won't fit lol, don't know why, just needed some info for peice of mind.

Cheers guys all sorted now

Did you tell him it was an 8L S3? The specs suggests it will fit, and I've seen S3's with these wheels on, if it's a matter of suspension and brake clearance, then there's nothing a few sets of spacers can't sort out?!