Will s3 2010 rear valance fit this rear bumper?

R55 MRU

Reaction score
Here is the bumper im talking about im looking to put the new 2010 s3 rear valance on it.. will it fit?

!B1QE0oQB2k~$(KGrHqN,!hcEw5Bt)k43BMdsmI12k!~~_12.JPG

yeah i know :( thats why i posted on here as other people know better than i do as i have only recently ventured onto an audi from a vauxhall

if it helps its from a 2009 a3? and wont be coming witht the bottom part so im guessing that this clips off somehow? detatches

no it wont, the S3 uses the pre 09 bumper on all models including the new facelift

thanks alot mate what bumper do i need to look out for one with the valance you need to attatch?

Yeah with the valance attached they look very similar. The one you need is in 2 bits so when you remove the valance a piece of the bumper comes off too (painted)

The facelift bumper only has a remoable central section (grey bit)

What you need to look for is a line around the bottom of the bumper where they fit....if you know what i mean?

i've gone through this hassle myself, i've got a 2010 bumper now like you linked but mines from an S line so instead of plain grey plastic it has a mesh insert same as the new black editions.

I had loads of trouble getting one beause i needed parking sensors and double exhausts. Most of the new models have a single exhaust now!:keule:

Last edited:
i've got a 2010 bumper now like you linked but mines from an S line so instead of plain grey plastic it has a mesh insert same as the new black editions.

I had loads of trouble getting one beause i needed parking sensors and double exhausts. Most of the new models have a single exhaust now!:keule:

why? you only need to swap the diffuser ("mesh insert" as you call it) for a 2 pipe one? granted the parking sensors bit it hard tho. i just got one without the diffuser for £75 tho so they do come up from time to time...

I've got an S3 facelift valance that I'm trying to fit to my S3 08 pre-facelift, I thought it was going to be a straight swap but I think I need to order the small body coloured strip above the valance below the main bumper in order for it to work.

I've got an S3 facelift valance that I'm trying to fit to my S3 08 pre-facelift, I thought it was going to be a straight swap but I think I need to order the small body coloured strip above the valance below the main bumper in order for it to work.

You would be right!

Pre facelift S3's have a single piece valance (like yours) and the facelift ones have a 2 piece valance which breaks up into the grey bit and the painted bit.

Reason is that pre facelifts were only available in 3 door. Post facelifts are available as a sportback so Audi use a generic S3 grey insert for both models. As a result Audi introduced 2 versions of the facelift painted valance as the sportbacks bumper is a different shape.

Hope thats clear!?

Quite a few S3 owners have been caught out by this because the facelift valance seems relatively cheap (less than £100) so buy it but the parts fella never told them they will need the valance mounting too which is included in the price on the pre facelifts!

Last edited:
That makes sense and I feel cheated now haha

I'm taking the car over to the dealers to have the aircon looked at tomorrow so I'll get a price for the other part whilst I'm there!

Does anybody know what the part number is for the bit inside the white line on the picture below? For a facelift S3 3DR

bumper.jpg

I spent 20 minutes on the phone to Audi and the parts guy told me he couldn't see anything! So frustrating as I have the diffuser just lying there waiting to go on the car :(

I also asked about the pre-facelift black optics grille which he said he could sell me for £206+vat which seemed steep even with a small discount off it.

Any help is mega appreciated and sorry for the thread hi-jack but I didn't want to start a new one on the pretty much exact same topic!

Thanks for that! Is it a good replica of the OEM one when fitted? if so I'm taking one lol