Will Pre facelift boot / bumper fit my 2000 TQS?

Rfmacaskill

Reaction score
Hi all

Before I buy, will a pre face lift (very early 1.8T) rear bumper and boot lid fit my 2000 TQS?

Thanks.

Ross

Yes will physically fit, bumper will need matching mounts. Boot lids pop is different so not sure how that would be made to work. Why not source the correct parts though there are plenty of cars in salvage yards.

Cheap set found in the same color so may save the hassle of painting etc. what's difference about the boot pop?

Ah, yes. I see the differences now with the catch. Other than that though it should fit?

facelift cars dont actually "lock" the boot. They just turn off/ignore the electronic pop.

If you fit a PFL bootlid, the car has no facility to lock/unlock the mechanical catch on the PFL boot lid.

Im sure you could find a facelift A4 in the same colour ??

Would save messing about with PFL stuff and there pretty plain and boring, dont degrade it to PFL stuff.

Fair point, other than the usual phoning around all the breakers is there a site that contacts them all on your behalf?

Whats your colour code ??

Best bet is ebay just search A4 breaking set to price lowest first if they look like a breakers message them see what stock they have. Or best bet is the sticky thread post up what you need in what colour most people on here will keep an eye out and post in thread or pm you !!

There is sites but there either useless or ridiculously priced !!

I have a blue facelift boot for sale,£20 plus postage if you're interested
tony

Thanks for the offer Tony, I've made a few enquiries with some breakers and should hear back from them within the next few days. I'll be in contact if I can't locate a Black one in due course.

Im sure you could find a facelift A4 in the same colour ??

Would save messing about with PFL stuff and there pretty plain and boring, dont degrade it to PFL stuff.
Actually the pre-facelift boot lid is better build and it doesn't rust like the facelift does...

Thanks Bradderz. The bumper is knack'd and the boot lid is already gone. I need to be faster next time!

Reactions: Bradderz_1988
I got both a saloon and avant plinths for sale,both rust free,as I sanded them down to bare metal before repainting
tony