Will our cars look old in four years

Zache

Reaction score
After ordering my new car I'm just curios to what people think on this subject , I will be having it for four years

Reactions: ACWKGYTO
I'll wave as I fly past on my hover-car...

Reactions: LuisM and Zache
I will have a stage 2 hover kit on mine with bigger thrusters so i can hover higher than normal cars lol

Only planning on keeping it for two, so not over concerned!

Tbh I doubt I will be keeping it that long but you never no what the future holds

After ordering my new car I'm just curios to what people think on this subject , I will be having it for four years
Are you also worried how you will look in four years time too? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Seriously tho' - It really doesn't matter. Just go and enjoy your new car my friend :thumbs up:

Reactions: batch, jetron and Liquidfusion-S3
I doubt I will have a Audi in four years time, but if I did, as mine would have only done around 20,000 miles by then, it'll still look like new...

Are you also worried how you will look in four years time too? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Seriously tho' - It really doesn't matter. Just go and enjoy your new car my friend :thumbs up:
Not worried just want my car to be fresh and stay fresh if the face lift came out in 6 months wouldn't be to pleased , it's a big commitment for me

The 8P doesn't look a particularly old car, when truth be told it is (in your terms of nearly 4 years). The 8V is also one of the first Audi's to get the look that the rest of the range seem to be mimicking, i.e. most Audi's all look similar from the front. So I don't think you've got anything to worry about

Reactions: Zache
To the O.P.'s title ----- No, But we will! :D

Reactions: Bristle Hound
The 8P in my opinion is a lovely looking car. However, sit it next to an 8V and it does look dated now.

If we work on currently VAG model life cycles the facelifted 8V will be launched end of 2016. Facelifted Q3 / A6 have the "new" look.
Expect more standard kit, a new nose and headlights and the fantastic indicators that have a "night rider" effect. Can't think of any other way of describing it!

Its a very competitive industry so product had to be kept fresh

Last edited:
Thats just life. There is always something new just around the corner, so you will forever be waiting for it.
Don't put life on hold, just get on with it!!!

Reactions: jetron and S32B
Will my 25 year model girlfriend look old in 4 years? .... seriously WTF?

Reactions: Zache and Steph67
There are 2 , 8P S3 in our streets and to be honest until I am close enough to notice the protector strip on the side doors, I don't immediately pick them as 8Ps, if you park them next to each other then its a different story, but the differences aren't as noticeable imo as the differences between a Golf mk6 GTI and the mk7, especially from the rear.

A facelift model will be out & talk about a new model based on a new chassis. However, the bank of audi will not change that so much. As they will not want to loose to many €€!

My god this is a pointless thread.

Reactions: JohnM100 and Pulp84
Phew - glad I gave my old e-type away years ago, can you imagine how bad that would look now ;-)

Reactions: S32B
Phew - glad I gave my old e-type away years ago, can you imagine how bad that would look now ;-)

Yes imagine if you got rid of your Ferrari 250GTO for the same reason !

but coming from a design background (not cars) I understand where the OP is coming from and not all A3/S3s look the same either, and cars (not referring to our cars) that are ugly are simply ugly ... irrespective of their age.

... in the end, like others have said .... don't worry. - unless you owned this

image-312.jpg

Now THAT is one fugly Camaro!

To the OP's question, I'd say cars like the A3/S3 that have more conservative styling tend to have a longer shelf life. Anything too weird, like the googly-eyed first gen WRX with the massive wing, get dated too fast for my liking.

Buy a ThunderCougarFalconBird. It wont look old anytime soon :racer::drag:

A good reason to change your car every three years!