Will B8 facelift rear LED lights fit original b8 model?

AdverseKing

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

As per the title, I have about 5 LED out in my rear lights which are driving my OCD crazy.

Looking into buying a new set of lights and was wondering if the new facelift ones would possibly fit the original 2009 model I have?

Thanks
Nigel

Thats bad. How old & how many miles?

I wonder if its an MOT fail or C&U issue?

No.......the only way to do it is to fit the bootlid aswel,il take the old ones off your hands?.
Hi everyone,

As per the title, I have about 5 LED out in my rear lights which are driving my OCD crazy.

Looking into buying a new set of lights and was wondering if the new facelift ones would possibly fit the original 2009 model I have?

Thanks
Nigel

and bumper

they outers will fit but leave a gap and with your OCD it would drive you silly

Avant are a direct swap, but (as said) Saloon requires new bootlid, and possibly bumper (if you can't live without the 5mm gap)

Zafi - I think 50% bulb failure is the border of pass/fail.

Damn it! Thanks for your help.

I could get hold of a set of facelift now (and I really like the new look) but if they don't fit then they don't fit.

Interesting that the avant are a direct fit though?

Not going to be fitting a new boot lid haha!

5 LEDs are not an MOT fail - I asked the Audi garage bit they were still happy to quote £600 for a new light!

I only need a near side boot quarter LED part

Thanks for the help

Can they not replace the LEDs on these? They told you that you need to buy a new tail light? :blink:

they wont replace LEDS I know a lad in Sheffield that will do the change but its breaking the light open aswell

search ebay theres a company that does single replacements at a very good price

also where are the facelift ones for sale ?

Audi A4 Mk3 Saloon 2008-2012 Outer LED Rear Tail Light Lamp Driver O/S Right | eBay

iv used this seller in the past they look oem and work oem leds are the same colour and brightness

they wont replace LEDS I know a lad in Sheffield that will do the change but its breaking the light open aswell

search ebay theres a company that does single replacements at a very good price

also where are the facelift ones for sale ?

Audi A4 Mk3 Saloon 2008-2012 Outer LED Rear Tail Light Lamp Driver O/S Right | eBay

iv used this seller in the past they look oem and work oem leds are the same colour and brightness

Those look fantastic! does he have the inner boot lights too? What would i need to do to get these on my car? would need VCDS coding i'd say

coding either a loom or rewire with a new plug or 2

I think he does all 4 pieces better to email see what he has.

the main leds are built in the back cover isn't included that's why there good for single replacement

lol that's why theres listed as a replacement for ones with dodgey leds

you use your own rear holder from your degraded or broken unit

Im confused, are the LEDs built into the tail light cluster itself or the holder like non-led tails?

built into the light

but use a rear cover aswell for another bulb

Can I just get this clarified?

Will all Avant rears fit the original 2008/2009 B8 saloon or only the new facelift?

Thanks

Apologies, I think I have caused confusion.

pre-facelift Avant rear lights fit post-facelift avants

pre-facelift Saloons fit post facelift saloons with a new bootlid required - and new bumper if a small gap will annoy you.

Reactions: Spares