Will B8 Avant roof bars fit a B9 Avant?

Kieranbennett

Reaction score
Hello all,

Firstly, hello! This is my first post on here, I found this website a couple of weeks ago after I had placed the order for my new car (Scuba Blue Sport Ultra 150 TDI Avant) and have found it very useful so far and poured through the threads with building excitement for its delivery in a few weeks (Currently in QC according to the order tracker)

One thing I need to get sorted before its delivery is a set of roofbars and would prefer the official Audi ones although I'm a bit too tight to purchase a new set! There are a few on eBay at the moment but all to suit the B8. My dealer isn't sure as the part numbers they have are slightly different although only by a letter at the end which i'm pretty sure is just specifying a colour (B9 ones have a -B at the end but they are also anodised Black) All other manufacturers (thule, etc) are exactly the same for the B8 and B9 but I know these have adjustments to fit a range of cars.

Does anybody know for certain if the official B8 bars will fit the B9?

Thanks.

I have used my Thule B8 ones on my B9 without a problem. I did check on the Thule website beforehand and all the part numbers were the same.

Just to update this and hopefully help anybody else who is looking. Picked the new car up yesterday and very pleased with it. I'm away on Thursday and needed to carry bikes on the roof of the car so had to get something in preparation and decided to risk buying a B8 spec official roof rack.

It fits perfectly, all mounting holes line up and the width is identical. Even if it wasn't you can adjust the width slightly anyway. All in all, very happy.

Reactions: Ytterligare
Very surprised at that, They usually make changes just to make sure you can't use an older rack on a newer car. Thanks for reporting back with the good news.