Will A5/S5 wheels fit a B8 S4 and if so with what tyre width

JamesWoj

Reaction score
Hi,

I've tried to find threads on this but cannot find the info I want so apologies if I'm going over old ground again.

Has anyone previously or currently ran A5/S5 wheels (9j et33) on a B8 A4 or S4? If you have what width tyres will not rub at all, 235 or 245?

My S4 is currently lowered on bilstein coilovers but only runs 8j et47 18" wheels at the moment with 10mm spacers rear, 5mm spacers on the front.

I do drive my car hard so don't want any rubbing at all.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks James

Off everything I'd ever read I was under the impression A/S5 wheels were a complete no go but I think chop is running some at the minute and he's pretty low. Sure he will be along shortly and let you know the specs he's running.

Are the ones your looking at 19 or 20"?

Reactions: Chop.
I can answer this for you as far as the set up I have :)

S5 19"s 8.5J with 35/255 tyres and ET32 will not rub even lowered on 40mm H&Rs, can't speak for 9J wheels but looking at how mine sit I would guess 9js would deff need 245 width tyres or my not fit well at all as the front is very tight with 255 on the 8.5s

It is very very tight at the front, and I have the inner wheel arch screw removed but there is no Rubbing even on roundabouts at speed :)

Hope this is some help

Chop

Last edited:
Reactions: gary_a4_quattro and RS5 JON
If you want some more pics of the fitment just let me know

Chop

Hey guys, cheers for the replies, sorry haven't replied myself been away.

Looks like 8.5j et32 is probably the biggest then, I only want to run 19s but want a wider bigger wheel with a lower offset to clear my RS5 calipers (currently running 8j et47 18s)

I am also running bilstein PSS10s and it has been dropped a bit, not sure how much maybe 40-50mm

If you could post some more pics chop as I do like those wheels and would be interested in how they are sitting

Reactions: Chop.