Will A4 wheels fit an A6 (C6)?

Make sure the ET is +/- no more than 2 mm from your original wheels.

i thought the a6 alloys were wider say 19x8 where as a4 ones are 19x7.5 as tyres are 255 on the a6 but only 235/225 on the a4

You might be right Gavin, will have to check the wheels when I take them off. We are now going for a 2002 allroad instead of the C6 shape. I may still fit the 19" RS4 reps I have on the A4 but will need to fit different tyres, a 255/40/19 would be the right size on an allroad I think. At the moment they have 225/35/19 which would probably look way to skinny & silly looking on an allroad.

I had the standard 16" ET 45 rims on my A6 quattro sport with 205 55 16's on them. Change these for Sline 18" ET43 with 235 40 18's attached. The only issue i had was clearance with the front top wishbone, the tyre shop recommended to fit 50 profiles but this caused the interference. this was easily solved by reducing the profile to a 40. Roling radius is fine for the quattro and the stance of the car looks good.

if the bolt pattern is the same, the centerbore is the same and it clears your brake calipers, it will fit. If youre bent on having these on the car and your brake calipers touch the inside of the wheels, you can get spacers and possibly longer bolts(depending on how big the spacers are) and that will give you the clearance. if you get spacers(for correcting offset) make sure its a high quality hubcentric spacer. if the wheels youre putting on have a bigger centerbore you can correct that with hubcentric rings to fill in that gap. some companies sell premade ones, some can cut you custom ones(i have these as im running Lorinser wheels on my car and they have a MUCH bigger centerbore diameter than my OEM ones). Even if the bolt pattern is different, theres always adapters to go from one bolt pattern to another, plus you can get a set made custom for you to fix the centerbore diameter difference and be a certain thickness so you dont add in spacers. If you are trying to fit wheels that have a smaller centerbore, they wont go on, or youre going to have to get some custom made adapters with two different centerbore sections, inner and outer, but keeping the bolt pattern the same on inner and outer sides. I hope its not too confusing.

I tried the 19s the other day & they rub on the inside of the suspension & looked lost under the arches, will definitely need spacers if I go for these.

I had some custom made spacers made for my 7 series years ago to change the bolt pattern so I could fit the 20s off my Lexus. I wouldn't do it again as it was hassle & the car never felt right + they came lose on a couple of occasions. :ohmy:

I'm still wondering what to do with the alloys I've got, tried the 20s off the Merc SL & the 19s from the A4 & none of them fitted right. I've got till next spring to make a decision as I'm going to keep the standard 17" alloys on over Winter & keep them as Winter wheels & only fit some nice alloys the rest of the year.

Last edited: