will a plain Audi TFSI Engine cover fit an S3

nelson19uk

There's no poke without smoke!
Reaction score
I managed to geta hold of a plain TFSI engine cover for cheap and was wondering if it will defo fit my s3. I plan to rub it down and paint it to jazz it up a bit then fit. But just wondered If i needed to buy new studs or anything to make it fit.

any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Rob

If it's from a 2.0T it should be OK, but Boydie fitted a TT-S engine cover from the TTS and it had different mounting pins to the A3.

Put a photo of the underside up and it might be easier to punt a guess!

Reactions: Boydie
Hey Rob, it depends on which TFSI cover you are talking about. I know the one from the A4 (B7) will fit the S3 perfectly, along with a CAI. My Neuspeed carbon cover is exactly the same shape and size as the A4 TFSI one. If it's like this one, it'll be perfect!

images

If it looks like these pictured below, then AFAIK it won't fit. You can see that the position of the dipstick is totally different, whereas the standard S3 cover and the A4 (B7) cover pictured above have the little cut out for the dipstick, exactly where we need it to be. I might be wrong, but I also think the oil filler cap is positioned differently too :wub: xx

$(KGrHqNHJCEE7y+LZ97+BPFKqNTMZg~~60_12.JPG

images

Thanks for the help....... It is a 2 litre one but I think it's the same as the one paulie posted at the bottom. It was worth the ask.... only cost £25 so not a great loss. I'll see what I can do. If not I'll just punt it on. Thought it would look nice with the main part being body colour and the fingers being red....

Thanks for the info folks.
:)

Neuspeed carbon cover costs nearly £300! Bit hefty for what it is....

It does look smart, but you're right! I bought a carbon fibre diffuser (for my previous car), which was a much more intricately designed part for a little over £300 and my spoiler and front splitter were around the same price, too. The Neuspeed cover is a small bit of CF in comparison. :wub: xx