Will a catless downpipe pass inspection?

drummerdimitri

Reaction score
My Audi S3 is running a catless downpipe and I would like to ship it to Munich since I will be living there.

I read that prior to entering the country, the car has to pass an emission test but I am afraid it will fail without a Catalytic converter as the CO2 levels might be to great.

Any ideas?

Also, for a short stay of about 6 months, what will I have to pay other than shipping to drive the car in Munich? It will be shipped from Lebanon to Trieste (Italy) and then driven to Munich.

Thanks!

When I imported mine to France from the UK for French registration it didn't have any tests as it was only a couple of months old.
I don't know the German regs but in France you do not need to register it locally until it has been in the country for 6 months and even then many people never bother as the local law aren't that bothered, do you actually need to 'import' it? Do the German rules mean it just needs a German MOT or is it more thorough test, my assumption would be to just drive from Italy to Germany and use as normal. There will be no border checks on the roads.

They may of course insist that the car is road legal as per the regulations where the car is registered for the 6 month period you are there.