WILDLIFE PHOTOGRAPHS

Sandra

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Audi Main Dealer
Platinum Supporter
Reaction score
Please use this thread to show off all your wildlife photographs.

Ducks are one of my favourite birds to watch flying.
Was trying to have a play with the shutter speed on this one, to show some movement, may have over done it?

DUCK_zpsb1a79633.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ACWKGYTO and Sandra
P050710_1259.jpg

Took this a few years back, iv NEVER seen anything like it. cool colours though

Reactions: ACWKGYTO
P7230001 P7230071 P7230073

Last edited:
Reactions: Andyb5tdi and ACWKGYTO
Is that at Blair Drummond Mark?? :) x

Photo

Reactions: Andyb5tdi and Ghost
P7030090

Reactions: Ghost and ACWKGYTO
Not had any luck taking photos of butterflies, all the above are awesome! :icon_thumright:
Loving the Penguins Sandra :icon_thumright:
I’ve got a poor show of birds compared to CHEZ ;)

brd_zps2a865bf6.jpg~original

Reactions: Martin Thompson and ACWKGYTO
Thanks spooky, my garden is full of butterflies in the summer on my buddlia trees. The penguins are from Edinburgh Zoo, they come out for a walk at 2pm every day, they are so funny when there out. :) x

Wasn't expecting this one so just took quickly. Nuthatch

Nut_zps8d1a433b.jpg

I cant believe the amount of awesome pictures we are getting on this thread. Spooky, yet another good pic from you. You pretty talented for a ghost. Lol. Thanks everyone for the great pics, lets have some more. :) x x

Reactions: Ghost
Lovely photo of the Robin Steamship, Clear and natural

UV.. stunning colours, so sad R.I.P Carlitto

Cheers Spooky, yeah he will be missed. Cool little dude, he just got old.
gave us some cracking photos though!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 384
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 369
I’ve got a poor show of birds compared to CHEZ ;)

well thankyou sir!
but surely that nuthatch is a bit special, and i am sure i cant match that fella! :sly:
with photographing birds in the garden its all down to what you feed! never mind where you live!, feed the right gear and they shall find it!
granted, a great deal is to do with where you live, but not really all of the time!
when we first moved here, (a lowly ex council house) all i would see was sparrows! i then started to feed the birds, and slowly but surely more "exotic" species would appear!
i started feeding sunflower hearts because when dropped on the lawn they would not grow into plants like wild bird feed did and straight away i started to see goldfinches on my feeder!
now at any one time i can see up to 20 gold finches in my garden at once! quite a spectacle and pics to follow! :arco:
so now with regular feeding and looking after my feathered friends, i now see goldfinches, greenfinches, blue tits, coal tits, great tits, siskins, linnets, robins, tree sparrows, house sparrows, hedge sparrows, magpies, collard doves, wood pigeons, starlings plus the occasional sparrowhawk opportunist as opposed to just sparrows and starlings lol!.........and mice.......
my mate up the road has even had greater spotted woodpeckers on peanuts! but not me yet! :notme:
so basically, it does not matter where you live, hang a feeder and keep it topped up and you shall reap the rewards of our feathered friends!
as you can tell i like my birds, but needless to say i could throttle them when they shat on my car after a clean btw!
such is life eh? :laugh:

Not strictly wildlife,but was pleased with the way this came out.
IMG_00112_zpse79d9a5a.jpg

OK, not the best camera but some of these are pretty cool. I used to live abroad so kind of saw everything you could imagine. A pig in a sidecar is still one of the funniest things I've ever seen but probably not right for this thread :)

The Tokay Gecko was hard as nails. I tried to move it with a stick but it bit the end of it. They make a mad sound too.

I know the Jaguar was in a zoo but it was amazing to see up close.

The spider I think was a Huntsman and bigger than my hand. It was fast..scarily fast.

The cow was being shouted at by my little dog Daisy.

The scorpion tried to grab my motorbike wheel when I went past. Turned round and took a photo.

And the snake. In my bed. It was there all night and I remember being woken by a hissing but I thought it was the air con. It must have been right behind my head. Had to kill it with a stick. And it's friend the next week.

Attachments

• jag.jpg
    jag.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 400
  • elephant.jpg
    elephant.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 360
  • cow.jpg
    cow.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 369
  • tokay gecko.jpg
    tokay gecko.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 374
  • black duck thing.jpg
    black duck thing.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 362
  • snake.jpg
    snake.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 380
  • scorpion.jpg
    scorpion.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 362
  • monkey.jpg
    monkey.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 361
  • spider.jpg
    spider.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 364
  • kingfisher.jpg
    kingfisher.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 372
Reactions: ACWKGYTO, steamship and Ghost
Thanks JudderMan, :icon_thumright: i'v seen many kingfishers but not got a good photo of one, maybe this year.
Another top photo. Steamship :icon_thumright:

gd.jpg

This was taken on my phone, tbh it was the bolt and the broken wood I was thinking may make a good photo, then this little guy wanted some food.

e6f29718-dd38-4f3c-afce-ec449e79bc24_zps9f913e89.jpg

Reactions: steamship
Thanks everyone, these pics just get better and better. Keep posting so much talent on here. :) x

Been trawling through my pics on my hard drive,trying to catalogue them and came across these-forgot all about them.
Picture128_zps04e48a9e.jpg

Picture106_zps0ffa99b2.jpg

Picture094_zps4c47acac.jpg