wiki.ross-tech?

I have to admit, its been that way for a while now, but problem is if you post the updated info, kinda circumvents the encryption used now on the label files yes?

so the label files are what interprets the information sent to the lead & these are now encrypted so that you only get the info if you have the bonified lead. With this in place & with the long code helper in place then the site shouldnt be of use any more?

You only get the info if you have the said car, long code helper when connected to the specific car will decrypt the label files "clb", when using not connected to the car then will only work with unencrypted label files "lbl" afaik, of which I'm sure are slowing being phased out, maybe Bruce can advise.

Khufu,

I assure you the Ross-Tech Wiki and our SW updates and data sets only continue to grow. On the other hand Ross-Tech isn't wasteful either, so a certain Wiki page may be used for 5 models but that's only because they simply share the identical system. This is a perfect example from a post today:

VWVortex.com - help setting basic adaption for hid headlights

In that case the 55 module is a non AFS setup and we don't need multiple pages that include the same (repeated) information. If that Jetta customer can fix a car with "Touran" written at the top without complaint that's great.

--

The same applies to Label Files and Redirection. We're not going to turn VCDS into a heavy (unnecessarily huge) program so that each .lbl file is specific to a specific control module part number. In some cases the same .lbl can be used accurately for several modules in the entire brand (VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda).

--

Label files do not affect the basic scan tool functions of VCDS. When a label file is not present you will not have information related to MVBs, Coding, Basic Settings, etc.. but you can perform all of the normal functions.

The mentioned Wiki label file links do not need to work. The updated versions are already installed on the PC when VCDS is up to date. I personally use them on a regular basis while providing support over the phone (when a scan is not present) and if you choose to search for them and view the data off a car that's fine.

--

If a file is encrypted and uses the .clb extension you cannot view them off line. As mentioned, you must be connected to a car that would use that control module/and label file and the information will display.

-Dana-

Thanks for the info.

I was just looking to compare the differences between low, mid & high level central electronics modules.

Okay, if you have a specific upgrade or retrofit in mind feel free to post the current Auto-Scan and I'll give it a shot.