Wifi Hotspot

Dmrqwq

Reaction score
Hoping some A4 / S4 owners can help. I'm trying to use the wifi hotspot on the car with the embedded sim but can't get any devices to access the Internet despite being wifi connected.

Am i being dim and this isn't a feature or is there some trick im missing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have to pay extra for this via Audi's partner, "Data Inside". I quite liked the idea until I saw the prices and data amounts;

7 Day - 500 MB 5.99 £
30 Day - 1 GB 9.99 £
365 Day - 10 GB 99.00 £

We're gonna stick to the kids hotspotting to our mobiles!

Reactions: Brasso, Thundercliffe81 and maui
Alternatively - purchase a three data sim from eBay / Amazon and put that in the glovebox - then you can use this for the wifi hotspot, but the MMI will also use this (and not the embedded data)

Reactions: zippster
Hmmm, always a hidden depth with Audi.... thanks guys!

Reactions: Brasso and Keef
Just had an email from Cubic Telecom (Audi's connectivity partner) about reduced prices for this. Actual details on costs still to follow next week, available to purchase from June 1st, will keep you posted.

Reactions: maui
Alternatively - purchase a three data sim from eBay / Amazon and put that in the glovebox - then you can use this for the wifi hotspot, but the MMI will also use this (and not the embedded data)

this is what i thought? have you done this ? however i also read that if you do this ALL google maps, audi connect services will also use this too instead of the 3 years included on the embedded sim?

do you run this configuration now?

Thanks in advance

@zippster - no, I don't do this as have no need for it. I use CarPlay so all my data is via phone with a 15gb plan.

ahh ok .. so im using the 36month audi connect subscription included ( picked up my car yesterday) but wanted to setup a hotspot so my daughter can use her ipad on long journeys.. i was hoping i would be able to use a Prepaid sim to jsut do this but i cannot find anything about it .. ive started to think that the sim slot is used to replace the embeded sim and also takes over the phone side of things from my iphone (also via carplay)

it would be easier if i were just able to enable pesonal hotspot via my phone when using carplay but i believe this to be disabled :(

im confused.. and also dont understand the whole 'wifi music player' features either :)