Widebody S4 Saloon :)

Very nice.

08032010033.jpg

Those two panels are worth more alone that that French thing in the background. :p

why audi didnt do this from the factory is beyond me

When will you have the car in your hands?

LOL! Mate, that car is going to look the absolute dogs!!! The B5 must be one of the most awesome looking cars with the wide arches IMO!

look forward to seeing it finished and good on you for having it done!

20mm spacers ought to upset your scrub angles pretty badly.

how do you mean?

the stcok A4 suspension has the same geometry as the RS4.
The track width is defined by the wheel offset.
a set of 20mm spacers on a ET35-45 brings them up to RS4 spec of ET20.

no scrub angle issues there

scrub angle = distance between ball joint pivot point and centr line of wheel

he has spaced his existing wheels 20mm, obviously the centre line of his wheels will now be 20mm further from the pivot point of the ball joint

therefore increased scrub angle

I'm with JCB on this... if his wheels are now effectively running the same ET as an RS4 (which uses the same suspension geometry as the S4) then there's no scrub issue at all.

increased but not "upset".
he will increase his track as well but it is certainly not negative
255 profile tyres on a ET20 wheel on a bone stock RS4 are a lot more severe than what he has planned.

255 width you mean? width has a lot to do with scrub angle, as with more or less offset, the width of the wheel will determine how close the centre line of the wheel is to the pivot point.

as for upset. i drove my brother's clio after hed put spacers on there, you could tell immediately. we had a play about and experiemented. more scrub angle immediately meant more understeer, which is a BAD thing in a proper drivers car like a clio willy

I thaught the same, but it seems audi didnt alter any of the arms or any other parts of the front suspension on the RS, even though they went from ET45 to ET20 and from 7" to 8.5" rims, so i can only imagine that it changes the scrub radius in a positive light.

http://moodle.student.cnwl.ac.uk/mo...ersusp/wheelsTires/alignFund/scrubradius.html

You'd have to work out what the stock scrub radius is before you could really make any statements on what would result from the changes.

you can just tailor your toe in to counter act any understeer that may come about from the change.
I had a clio (not the new design) and they have shocking geometry. anything can upset that car, most unstable vehicle I have ever driven!
IMAGE_056.jpg

I as running 20mm spacers when I had my monos(et 28) with no probs at all. Now I am running et 17 with the Porshe alloys. Still, no probs whatsoever!

Looks stunning... but yeah, you're gonna need to space those rims out! They look lost in the 1st and last shots at the front...

I think this wide-body conversion really suits this colour too.

she looking mean nez, how much did it cost you all in all, parts,labour?

Thats looking very nice now Nez. :icon_thumright: Starting to tempt me again to go down that path and widebody mine...... Though I'm thinking (again) more power is needed first. Lol. Be interesting like Twiggy has already said to see what you got it done for. Give me some idea to put some money to one side for it. I keep hearing all in all its around the 5k mark, depending on how much the parts cost.

5K WWWWWOOOOOWWWWW id rather put 5k into the engine and get close to 500bhp lol

Looks great nez! Im anxious to see it in all angles! more pics!!! :)

Looking great Nez == So how much where the 4 wheel arch liners as I could really do with a set??

OK guys car was collected from Aidan on Tuesday :) and went striaght to car wash for full service in out and I also fitted two new tyres 245/40/18 with 20mm wheel spacer's so here are few pictures :)

06042010002.jpg

06042010004.jpg

06042010006.jpg

Full tracking done :) with two rear tyres 245/40/18 and 20mm wheel spacer's

07042010026.jpg

06042010010.jpg

06042010007.jpg

06042010008.jpg

06042010009.jpg

06042010015.jpg

06042010014.jpg

06042010013.jpg

06042010012.jpg

06042010011.jpg

More pictures to come :)

Have you considered getting the rear valance sprayed metallic black? Siena did it and I think it looks good.