wideband A/F gauge

jay1601

Reaction score
has anyone on here using a aftermarket wideband A/F gauge, if so what you using ?

i'm looking at getting the AEM UEGO.

thanks Jay

Normally use VEMS on BT builds as it comes with an EGT gauge...
VEMS Shop

AEM is ok too... use one on the dyno as the AFR controller for the logger...

<tuffty/>

how much for the AEM kit Bez?

I'm between getting something like that, or the VEMS dual guage for mine

sorry Prawn mate i bought it off Bez

that's cool dude, I'm just not sure what you're going to use it for :p

I'm really liking the look of the VEMs guage Paul linked too, I like the idea of being able to monitor AFR and EGT on my new setup, and also they could be possible inputs to a standalone system in the future

Have a look at jaw14 , otherwise known as "just another side and" there latest kit can also run an oil pressure sensor, egt, water and oil temp and far all from 1 LCD screen . I've got the old one but seriously thinking of one of these with all the sensors etc.

Have a look at jaw14 , otherwise known as "just another side and" there latest kit can also run an oil pressure sensor, egt, water and oil temp and far all from 1 LCD screen . I've got the old one but seriously thinking of one of these with all the sensors etc.
got a link to this?

I use innovate MTX-l because my car is narrow band and this sensor has one analog output that can send the narrow band data to the ECU.

Using this I only need one sensor to do all the work

the problem with narrowband is that it doesn't give a accurate reading. wideband all the way.

due to it only being able to read between 0-1V compared to wideband which is 0-5V

the problem with narrowband is that it doesn't give a accurate reading. wideband all the way.

due to it only being able to read between 0-1V compared to wideband which is 0-5V

No welly, the innovate it's an AFR Gauge like all the other with wideband, but has one anolog output to send the narrow band data to the ECU.

This way I don't need to drill the downpipe :D

i got the 3"DP/de-cat. as my AGU only has 1 lambda sensor. i got a spare bung waiting to be fitted with a wideband sensor. so works out pretty good in my case :)

i got the 3"DP/de-cat. as my AGU only has 1 lambda sensor. i got a spare bung waiting to be fitted with a wideband sensor. so works out pretty good in my case :)

These were my thoughts too with regards to fitting a wideband AFR guage, but you'd have to make 100% sure it's air tight up stream of the sensor to get accurate results, although that shouldn't be hard.

Best to get the boss in a section between the turbo flange and the first join... even V Bands leak a little before they get hot...

<tuffty/>

I am installing my 3" downpipe (S3 AMK engine 2001), and i am wondering where to place the sensor of my innovate AFR kit?
Is it better to be placed right after the first O2 sensor?
And also i assume i will need a spacer on my second sensor since i got the decat version.
anyone to confirm?

Normally fit them close to the original if we can...

Most decat downpipes I have seen (XS power etc...) come with the 'spacer' already although not entirely convinced of the XS power ones I have seen as they weld a tube that protrudes most of the way into the decat section...

<tuffty/>