Wide air outlet

The Silverfox

Reaction score
One of the positions of the Air Distribution switch on the heating controls opens the wide air outlet. What/where is this wide air outlet and what does it do?

Isn't that just switching between outside air and recirculation mode?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Flat button second one in from the right, see page 83 of the manual...

im also confuse to what this function actually does

Flat button second one in from the right, see page 83 of the manual...

Yes, I know which button it is although it is 2nd from the left on right-hand drive cars. However that's the only reference to Wide Air Outlet in the manual that I can find. There is no explanation of what The Wide Air Outlet is, where it is or what it does.

Last edited:
What it does is provide warm, or cool air to the cabin without any drafts of air, in other words not using the blower I guess...

What it does is provide warm, or cool air to the cabin without any drafts of air, in other words not using the blower I guess...

That's it. I found some information on another forum. It uses the vents across the entire width of the dashboard (I thought the ones without controls were just for show) to maintain temperature without blowing air so you don't get the blast of air with high speed fans that you get using the normal left/right vents. I guess if cabin temperature is much lower or higher than that required you would need the fans to reach the desired temperature and then switch to Wide Air Outlet to maintain temperature.

My wife will love this as she is always complaining about the ferocity of the fans :)

Shame Audi couldn't be bothered to put an explanation in the manual.

Reactions: cppp and cuke2u