Why ??

G

gokiwi64

What effing ****** designed a headlight system where you either have to take the front bumper off , then the headlight to replace an indicator bulb !!!

or

remove relevant wheel then arch liner thing and shred your hand trying to replace it that way

VorSprung Dum Teknic

Reactions: HHS3
What!!!!!! You only just discovered that.
Now yer done it once, it will only take 1/2 hr next time.

Reactions: ch1z64
Whilst it is a pain in the bum to have to go to those lengths, it is not that bad really.
I have just had the whole front end off fitting a Wagner intercooler and if you work logically and have a friend to help you lift it on or off your sorted.
What you will find more frustrating are the adjusters for locating the headlight at the correct height in the aperture. They are under the 2 securing torx 30 bolts either side.
To avoid having to reset the heights it is essential that you press down on the relevant part of the headlight as you loosen the torx bolt. That prevents the adjuster from turning. Press down again when tightening up. The adjusters are on left hand threads just to add to the frustration!! Release the downward pressure on the light if you need to adjust them.
You may find as I did that you have to adjust them down anyway as I could not get my headlights out at the normal height. So resetting is essential anyway. The tricky bit is to get your head round turning the adjuster clockwise to make them come up.

Reactions: ch1z64
What effing ****** designed a headlight system where you either have to take the front bumper off , then the headlight to replace an indicator bulb !!!

The kind that designs the downpipes, flexis and cats as one piece!

Yep, encountered the contortionist headlight system replacing my bulbs.

Reactions: HHS3
Have bought 2 led torches and a sheet of orange plastic...........