Why?

One Spoke

Reaction score
I spotted on the Audi website tonight that you can download old brochures. I have a 2007 S3 which is quite well specced but has no cruise control. So I thought I'd look at the cost of all the options that the original owner specced:

Imola yellow - £485
RNSE - £2,175
Phone prep in armrest - £385
Bose - £440
iPod console in glovebox - £175
Electric lumbar support - £190
Rear parking sensors - £260
Flat tyre warning - £45
Light and rain sensor pack - £190
Flat bottom, multi function steering wheel - £270
Front armrest - £95
Interior light pack - £140
Reversible boot mat - £50
Sun band on windscreen - £55
Black styling pack - £300

This lot totals £5,255. So why oh why did they not add cruise control for just an extra £240??!!

I would happily sacrifice the iPod console and boot mat to have paid for this.

I spotted on the Audi website tonight that you can download old brochures. I have a 2007 S3 which is quite well specced but has no cruise control. So I thought I'd look at the cost of all the options that the original owner specced:

Imola yellow - £485
RNSE - £2,175
Phone prep in armrest - £385
Bose - £440
iPod console in glovebox - £175
Electric lumbar support - £190
Rear parking sensors - £260
Flat tyre warning - £45
Light and rain sensor pack - £190
Flat bottom, multi function steering wheel - £270
Front armrest - £95
Interior light pack - £140
Reversible boot mat - £50
Sun band on windscreen - £55
Black styling pack - £300

This lot totals £5,255. So why oh why did they not add cruise control for just an extra £240??!!

I would happily sacrifice the iPod console and boot mat to have paid for this.

You do realise we have people on the site who can retrofit it for you don't you???

Anyone know how to download old brochures from the audi website, been looking and can't see it anywhere?

Chris

@ Welshwoody - don't get me wrong, I am glad to have all those options. It's just always puzzled me since getting the car why someone ordered all those things but didn't go for cruise? I guess they just weren't a fan of it?

@ Warren - yes thanks, I was aware you can retrofit cruise, just haven't got round to it yet with so many other priorty calls on my money, especially the price of petrol for simply commuting to work!!

@ Chris - you beat me to it. I stumbled across them by accident - not exactly welll signposted are they?

Pete

Personally I can understand why someone wouldn't spec cruise is an S3... it's not exactly a car that's usually used for long distance journeys. It's more a weekend play toy and a car people want to get the full driving experience out of.

Personally I can understand why someone wouldn't spec cruise is an S3... it's not exactly a car that's usually used for long distance journeys. It's more a weekend play toy and a car people want to get the full driving experience out of.

Is it??! I think your getting confused with the R8! That's a weekend toy if you can afford one! The S3 is a practical everyday sports hatch. Cruise should be standard on S-Line and above the same as BMW M Sport models.