Why is it so f-in hard to sleep!!

RS-S3

Reaction score
Im having one of my sleepless nights for another night running....so why is it so fcukin hard to get some sleep!!

so how do u guys fall asleep?

any new, innovative ideas welcome please dont say dont drink caffiene and the usual crap coz its not like ive not tried it!! and dont say smoke weed coz that'll just lock this thread and i need some help!!

ps - if ur one of those ppl who falls asleep as soon as u hit the pillow then please **** off i dont want to know!!

----------------------rant over---------

I know what you mean matey, I get this somtimes as well. Normally though if I have somthing on my mind in which case you need to get to the bottom of the problem. I normally find a nice glass or 2 of whisky helps things along for me as normally if I have somthing on my mind my brain won't "shut up" and hits me with constant thoughts and rubbish. Probably said to much and look like a mentalist but bleh, thats what happens with me. Apart from that my only tips are make sure you are chilled out, watch somthing funny or read somthing good so you wind down.

Guess it depends on why you cant sleep to be able to suggest ways to help.

Valiums (10mg) and lager.

If i cant sleep i just stick the telly on watch a DVD or some stuff, from my bed. Then end up drifting of eventually. I just dont try to get to sleep.

Yeah, I too suffer with this affliction. I find the only cure is to kick the missus out of the bed!!! No seriously, a hot cocoa and a kip in the kids bed usually sorts me out (part time parent see). Try watching news 24 or some other drivvle.

sweet dreams. :gaehn:

Copious amounts of alcohol (whatever's handy) and a funny DVD/vid to chill out :icon_thumright: . Then the night after because you've only slept the booze off you've got twice as much tiredness :lazy: . Works for me. **** Disclaimer - don't do this if you need your driving license for your job!! :no: ****

I put a talk radio show on so you can just about hear it or it's just out of earshot... i think that helps to kind of distract your mind until you drift off... works for me when i've got stuff on my mind (although i'm a pretty good sleeper normally - sorry!!!)

i have to leave the telly on, then i will eventually nod off. but then i get broken sleep. i once considered working nights as it seems a waste to be awake with nothing to do. its worse now i dont have a garage cause i used to just clean my bikes till the early hours!

getting really ****** then having sex is probably the fastest way to fall asleep, just make sure you finish the job off or you'l have a bollocking in the morning and you wont remember what its for!

thanks for the replies....

i dotn like sleeping tablets usually bit after a week of bad nights had to resort to them which knocked me out for a day and a half....feel better now though!!

know what u mean SteveS....i am contemplating going for a night shift job as doing a 9-5 seems impossible after my frequent crappy nights...

its not easy killing 4/5 extra hours everynight....tv, radio, net is ok for a while but that gets boring too...

RS-S3 said:
Im having one of my sleepless nights for another night running....so why is it so fcukin hard to get some sleep!!

so how do u guys fall asleep?

----------------------rant over---------

Read a book in bed, that'll get you sleepy :lazy:

I think about something nice usually James...and if I still cant sleep I go in a different bed with a herbal pillow.