Why does my tyre pressure keep going down so quick on all the tyres

drfeelgood

Reaction score
Yer a bit strange, i will put in 32 psi into the tyres, two weeks later all 4 are down to 27psi..its bizzare!
however what might be causeing it is knackered front dampers, new top mounts needed, new wishboune brushes needed, new rear springs as mine have snapped, and a new rear anti roll bar..going over bumps is a killer!

Tyres not sealed to rims correctly? I had this problem before I had my rims re-furbed. Now they're refitted they're fine. Don't lose any pressure at all. Same tyres & wheels, just been removed & re-seated.

Hmm interesting, but all 4 not seated correctly seems a bit odd

Likely to be the tyres not sealed on rims as said before. ATS seal them for around £10 a wheel if the tyres are in good enough condition.

Yeap I'd go with not sealed aswell as all 4 cant be like this from anything else.

I had the drivers side front one changed not so long ago, same story with that. Hmmm...

Another for not sealed if you think its worth it go back to where you had the one tyre changed as they should seal it you up for free as they should have done the job properly in the first place you would have to pay for the others though.

If the tyres are left for say 2 3 weeks without driving what they got then and what wheels are they o.e or after Market. you said about the bumps (the ******* bumps) I repair alloys and do probably 3 wheels a week through people who have hair line cracks but to be honest im going along with everyone here get em re beaded and maybe some sealer round the bead but do just check the wheels on the inside rim the webbing isn't brilliant on most wheels on the inside hope it helps mate

I called ats with the symtoms and he instantly said sounds like there not sealed to the rim properly. However advised i get them refurbed as this would mean a 100% seal, as to get them sealed now might result in the problem occureing again, there standard oem avus wheels, and too think theres me driving like a saint to not kerb my alloys lol

Stick a little bit of the puncture repair foam (that comes in an aerosol can, costs about £8) and see if that sorts it. I did that on one of my old cars as it had a similar problem (wheels needed refurbing as the bead would not seal properly).

I bought one can, took the car to the garage and let half the air out, filled all the wheels with some foam in each tyre and then re-inflated the wheels back to the correct PSI. Drove the car around (as per instructions on the can) and problem was solved - until I needed to change the tyres 12 months later, then the new tyres suffered from the same thing....