Why Ceramic coating is important for a new car

A7Vorsprung

Reaction score
You might not believe it, but my car is less than 1 month new
It has been prepped by the dealer (which was a mistake)
Always collect your car in your detailer shop!!
I know you want the proof. The state of the paint is shocking (only on inspection closely by the detailer)
Looking generally at the car in normal lighting situations is OK, you might not spot the swirl marks.

The car is still with the detailer, for ceramic coating for paint and alloys, and interior coating and window as well.

Here are few photos and videos about the work ( in the stage of paint correction and prior to applying the coating)
WhatsApp Image 2019 05 08 at 170705
WhatsApp Image 2019 05 08 at 170741

I will collect the car tomorrow

New photos for the results will follow

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2019-05-08 at 17.07.04.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-05-08 at 17.07.04.jpeg
    252.9 KB · Views: 235
Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and cuke2u
Having a new car detailed by a professional goes without saying, then follow a strict washing regime and don't let the dealership's valeting guys within ten miles of it. There are downloadable do not wash signs in the AS detailing thread https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/forums/detailing.116/

Reactions: Thundercliffe81, Simonwhite2000, NevMan and 1 other person
Thanks, cuke2u for your input. It is very appreciated.

Car is back now with me. Few photos will follow soon to show the results.

Reactions: cuke2u and NevMan
The good thing about a professional detailer is that they really appreciate a good car and seem to go that extra. Mine said he liked the colour of my car so much he was dreaming it, lol...

Reactions: A7Vorsprung and NevMan
Coincidentally had IGL Kenzo coating applied by UK Detailing in Ewen to my new A7 55 TFSi in brilliant black last week.

Really incredible mirror finish (even in direct sunlight) and removed swirling present on the car from the dealer. Should last for 4 years and protects against bird dropping and swirling issues.

Attachments

• B9E38397-5FEC-45D4-A15F-8CC755DF99CC.jpeg
    B9E38397-5FEC-45D4-A15F-8CC755DF99CC.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 216
Reactions: Thundercliffe81, A7Vorsprung, NevMan and 1 other person
Coincidentally had IGL Kenzo coating applied by UK Detailing in Ewen to my new A7 55 TFSi in brilliant black last week.

Really incredible mirror finish (even in direct sunlight) and removed swirling present on the car from the dealer. Should last for 4 years and protects against bird dropping and swirling issues.

Beautiful. Mirror like.
How do you like the s-tronic gearbox?
My tiptronic gearbox is both good and bad.
Good for very smooth automatic upshifting, but very sluggish automatic downshifting.

I’ve only got 1000 miles on the clock but s-tropic seems fine and never had an issue with my S3 s-tronic. Also supports launch control which although I’ve never used is nice to know you’ve got.

Reactions: NevMan
I’ve only got 1000 miles on the clock but s-tropic seems fine and never had an issue with my S3 s-tronic. Also supports launch control which although I’ve never used is nice to know you’ve got.

Congratulations for the car. Enjoy it.

Reactions: NevMan