Why can't I see the new posts?

Reaction score
I started having this problem yesterday. After logging in I clicked on "New Posts" but instead of the list with the new posts I got a message saying that there are no new posts, although if I browse the forum there are a lot of new posts.

Some 'elp please!

The 'New Posts' button relies heavily upon what's in the cookie on your machine to do its stuff. The first thing I would suggest is logging-out of the site completely, clearing your temporary internet files (including cookies), and then logging-in again. Hopefully that will resolve the issue by making sure there's only one cookie related to ASN on your machine, and that it's nice and fresh :)

If the problem persists after that, let me know and we'll try to come up with plan B...

Thanks and regards,

Rob.

Hi!
I'm using Firefox. I have the option of clearing everything when closing the browser (cookies, history etc.) checked. It has always been like that. Every time I visit ASN I have to log in but I never had this problem.
It wouldn't bother me to much if I could use the search option to show the last posts since... but the function doesn't seem to support wild-cards such "*" . I have to give a word to search for and it is not returning the results I'm interested in.

The curious thing is that today I had this problem only at the first visit. For example, at this session everything went OK, I was able to see the new posts since my last visit this morning.

OK, given that you've only had the problem at first visit today it still sounds cookie related to me...

Could you keep an eye on things for the remainder of today and advise if the problem returns? If it persists I'll roll some of the counters which contribute to 'read' tracking server side.

All the best,

Rob.

Happened again!. When I log in, at "You last visited" shows 1 minute ago. When it works ok it shows * hours or yesterday or...

I also believe is something with the cookies.

Hi!
Still have problems with New Posts option.
Here is what I see when logging in:

and here is what happens after clicking on New Posts:

Have you tested this with IE or another browser to see if its relative to the browser version, also have you checked for any updates to firefox, have you actually closed FF & gone to the cookie folder on your machine & manually deleted them cause I know sometimes it doesst delete all the info just by selecting the browser delete option, go & delete cookies manually so all gone & also delete all temp files, then test again.

FF has all updated installed. I'll try with IE. The thing is that doesn't happen all the time and I can't figure out what causes this, if it is something I do...

:( It's frustrating! Happened again, this time using IE.
Since I can't leave it loged in, I guess I won't access ASN from the office anymore.

Funilly enough, this happened to me once yesterday whilst using my Voda net dongle and IE browser, it was like it logged on twice and reset the new posts.

I don't think it has something to do with the connection type.
Seems to happen randomly. Yesterday and today there were no problems. I hope it stays this way!