Why are these knee pads so expensive?

The amount of these that darling buds sells I'm sure he makes them

You can probably get them custom made for half price using a decent fabric place.

Reactions: s3_trev
I have been trying to get the part numbers for them and failed, as prev mentioned the seller does sell a few normally on auctions, those prices are the dearest i have seen as well, not sure how he can source them if they are OEM parts.

Reactions: Dobermansteve
He/She also advertises;
  • Leather sun visors
  • Leather lower door card pockets
  • Leather centre armrest cover
Are these actually part of the 'extended RS3 leather pack'?

Reactions: Newy
Its a standard ebay ploy ... advertise the 'real price' of the product and then reel in the auction punters who think they are getting a bargain because you don't expect anyone in their right mind to pay the full whack. I don't doubt the quality of finish.

Reactions: Dan-Jnr
They command a price as high as buyers are willing to pay! can't believe people will pay so much for them.
I've always wondered where the seller obtains these parts, and how much they cost him? always got lots of high cost items for sale....

Probably gets the normal rubberised ones and has them wrapped in leather and stitched.

They DO make a huge difference as shown here: BLUEY brand new in 2011:

BLUEYseatsASN

And today, having fitted the knee pads, door and centre armrests earier this year:
P1020022ASN

SUPERB AUDI quality, we like 'em...

(****** to fit, mind)

Reactions: RS3dan
Didn't know they were called knee pads, expected to look in here and find a picture of someones knobbly knees!

£500+ is a ridiculous price though but some muppets will pay it so he/she will keep on selling them.

Reactions: Dean_T and doctor46goat
Why are people muppets to pay it ??

I know The guy that sells them and he is the one of the nicest people you could do business with........

He is doing something right (i.e selling a quality oe product) otherwise he wouldn't keep getting recommends.

Reactions: 45bvtc
I think he puts that price up so if you get it cheaper than that you know it's a bargain and if someone does buy it for that price he has had a result!

We would do the same?!

Reactions: IDontLikeSpeedCameras
Why are people muppets to pay it ??

I know The guy that sells them and he is the one of the nicest people you could do business with........

He is doing something right (i.e selling a quality oe product) otherwise he wouldn't keep getting recommends.

Didn't say anything about the guy selling, if he's got them up at that price and sells a few then fair play. I just feel that these could most probably be had for cheaper and just the same, if not better, quality if you search around. Most people are lazy and can't be ***** looking around so just buy without thinking. Either that, or people have more money than sense.

Just my opinion of course.

Here are a few pics of the custom wrapped ones i had done in my A3, cost me £140 for 4 door arm rest and the centre triangles
obviously not original Audi ones but still look decent!

null-38-1.jpg

null-36-1.jpg

null-9-1.jpg

Reactions: voorhees, Patrick24, HHS3 and 3 others
I think I really need to start upholstering cars instead of sofas :idea:

I think I really need to start upholstering cars instead of sofas :idea:
Would you still offer all year sales like certain sofa companies do ie D*S lol:jester:

Reactions: CHEZ and RS3dan
If your doing sofas then in all honesty mate I would say go for the cars! It's really good money and if you can do a good job you can make some serious money! Have a Google into MJ interiors who is based up north (Bradford I think) one of the best interior trimmers in the uk!

im not sure but i think it comes with the audi exclusive pack which is like over £3k... might have that mixed up with the custom paint job you can spec.
I'm sure i have seen it on the Audi configurator on the website.

Here are a few pics of the custom wrapped ones i had done in my A3, cost me £140 for 4 door arm rest and the centre triangles
obviously not original Audi ones but still look decent!

null-38-1.jpg

null-36-1.jpg

null-9-1.jpg
They look really good, makes me want some. Are they comfortable to rest your knee against?

I was wondering how the seller gets hold of these. Says they can only be special ordered with an RS3 yet he somehow always has them. I reckon these are retrimmed to OEM spec.

Reactions: Dan-Jnr
I was wondering how the seller gets hold of these. Says they can only be special ordered with an RS3 yet he somehow always has them. I reckon these are retrimmed to OEM spec.

seeing that he also selling genuine bose speaker grills and genuine pedal sets, I would guess he has somehow got access to OEM stock?

Well i found some guys in eastern europe that sells loads of genuine OE part for our cars namely the RS3 door handles for 360Euros.. however note that shipping and a paypal fee will push it to 450euros however that is still cheaper then the ripp off on ebay... might even be cheaper....

http://www.oemvwshop.com/category/audi/a3/8p-2003-2009/rs3-door-

4 door s3 side skirts.... i think a pair 174 x2 8P4853860GRU it states its 174 Euro http://www.oemvwshop.com/original-vag-parts1/8P4853860 GRU/

Knee pads...

8P0880491B and 8P0880492 (ask if they r red or white stitching

http://oemvwshop.com/original-vag-parts1/8P0880491B 4D9/

The site has recently been under maintanance however they have an email they are slow to reply.. i think they can be trusted they have a facebook page with 800 likes or so you guys can check out.. ill be ordering the door handles relatively soonish...

Hope this helps

Thanks for the link. I have them they are real leather, and the quality looks good. Once I have them on I will let you know how they fit.

Reactions: dp_motley and paddy
The quality of the leather is good. However I had trouble making them fit true. It took an age to get the triangles out, and getting to all the fixings was hard. You have to get the ash tray out, gear stick gaitor up, and also the air on control unit out.
When the pads are fitted I had problems getting them back in, you are adding something that is already a tight fit. Now main problem is patience, I am not patient at all and I rush things, which did not help. I have found the company do them in white stitching so I may have another attempt. I’ll post some pics up of my mistakes later today.

Reactions: paddy and dp_motley
Did you manage to fit them finally?

The quality of the leather is good. However I had trouble making them fit true. It took an age to get the triangles out, and getting to all the fixings was hard. You have to get the ash tray out, gear stick gaitor up, and also the air on control unit out.
When the pads are fitted I had problems getting them back in, you are adding something that is already a tight fit. Now main problem is patience, I am not patient at all and I rush things, which did not help. I have found the company do them in white stitching so I may have another attempt. I’ll post some pics up of my mistakes later today.

Did you manage to fit them finally?
To get them out is rather simple if you follow the instructions , look for a post about fitting a start stop button on an S4 and it explains the process from start to finish , excellent instructions

Reactions: Mark A Greenwood