Why are the rear diffuser options so poor?

Jonni

Reaction score
as above really . Why are all after maket rear diffusers for the 8p poor?

If you look at the new 8v ones there is loads of choice . Love the big diffuser fin look and how it juts out from the bumper.

It just feels so restricted on the 8p chassis

And one run a aftermarket rear diffuser ?

Agreed! Coming from my Mk7 Fiesta ST which had lots of options, to now only having the OEM one is poor.

I think the S3 diffuser looks fairly smart...other than that you have the RS3 diffuser and thats about it lol

I have recently found one on Amazon that looks good and I'm thinking about doing a buy as like said the S-line ones aren that great. Better then nothing though I guess

Another guy here and I run an aftermarket rear diffuser off ebay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282828452214
The other guy painted his black. I painted mine gloss black with RS matt aluminium silver edge. The thing is made of fiberglas and needs professional attention, but it's easy doable even at home. A small cons is that there's a few mm wide gap between the diffuser and the bumper on the right side, but it's barely visible. Here are a few pics.

A3 with RS3 look diffuser 2
A3 with RS3 look diffuser 3
A3 with RS3 look diffuser 4
A3 with RS3 look diffuser 5

Reactions: Mr_Dude, 9to5high, RS3dan and 2 others
can you take a pic of your rear(yes your car silly) so I can possible help

Please see my car below
8D4C9955-335B-4601-880C-381BB800284D_zpstqrf4y3g.jpg

They just tucked underneath would thought you would be able to get a more aggressive one

Please see my car below
8D4C9955-335B-4601-880C-381BB800284D_zpstqrf4y3g.jpg

They just tucked underneath would thought you would be able to get a more aggressive one

I know I've said it before but I'll say it again, love the colour! Some MY11 rear lights would make it look even better, they made such a difference on my black S3 8P.

the problem with that diffuser is the color. You have such a strong paint color to the car and the diffuser just disappears. IMHO, painting the whole diffuser(not just the lip) LA6P which is Matt alu would allow it to compete with the strong car color and make a statement. You would also need to paint the front splitter to match. The front splitter in LA6P makes the bumper more aggressive with the contrast.Using the RS3 diffuser can be done but its more than a weekend job. I always thought the two lower portions of the bumper could be switched with the RS3 sections and then sell yours but I am told the bumper pieces are different for the 3 door

Another guy here and I run an aftermarket rear diffuser off ebay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282828452214
The other guy painted his black. I painted mine gloss black with RS matt aluminium silver edge. The thing is made of fiberglas and needs professional attention, but it's easy doable even at home. A small cons is that there's a few mm wide gap between the diffuser and the bumper on the right side, but it's barely visible. Here are a few pics.

View attachment 147857 View attachment 147858 View attachment 147859 View attachment 147860

I found this one on eBay and it did loom very promising up until I saw the description of this part.

I say it wont fit on a Sportback (but is pictured on one) and that it wont fit on the S-line either.

I did also contact TripleR, they currently make a splitter for the FL 8P, about doing a diffuser and they said they are too busy at the moment working on other projects

I found this one on eBay and it did loom very promising up until I saw the description of this part.

I say it wont fit on a Sportback (but is pictured on one) and that it wont fit on the S-line either.

I did also contact TripleR, they currently make a splitter for the FL 8P, about doing a diffuser and they said they are too busy at the moment working on other projects
It does fit on a facelift Sportback, you can see it on a photo of my A3 above which is the 2012 Sportback SE. The facelift S-line bumper is the same as the SE one.

It does fit on a facelift Sportback, you can see it on a photo of my A3 above which is the 2012 Sportback SE. The facelift S-line bumper is the same as the SE one.

That's what I thought as well, its shown on the Sportback plus you have one on yours.

But after some more digging around on the old interwebs, I found another diffuser that's I liked the look of more. So I did the buy.

Looks like there are a few diffusers out there for the A3 8P but they are ****** hard to find

That's what I thought as well, its shown on the Sportback plus you have one on yours.

But after some more digging around on the old interwebs, I found another diffuser that's I liked the look of more. So I did the buy.

Looks like there are a few diffusers out there for the A3 8P but they are ****** hard to find
I bought my diffuser last summer. There wasn't anything for the SE bumper on the market that time except this one, but still I was unsure this diffuser was an acceptable quality until I saw a live picture that another member of the forum posted here. So I bought it too. Later, I saw a similar RS3 look diffuser somewhere online (a French store I think), but I had mine already installed.

Would you mind sharing what diffuser did you buy?

So this is my car with the Matt aluminum finish on the S3 diffuser and splitter. It freshens up the car and provides a better contrast which I feel gives it a more aggressive look
4aa71759e5365455ae241b041780370e.jpg
3bc8213b0e38c13ca6cbc94a0798a362.jpg
d523e2d3ec1f924ca542099d8eec8998.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mr_Dude, Jonni and HHS3
So this is my car with the Matt aluminum finish on the S3 diffuser and splitter. It freshens up the car and provides a better contrast which I feel gives it a more aggressive look

I like this hmmmm

Fibreglass S3 diffuser in gloss black fitted
Original s3 diffuser is 2 piece, however being a fibreglass replica it comes as one.

Reactions: Mr_Dude
Just thought i would share got it vinyl wrapped to suit the front

Attachments

• 20180323_144700-2016x1512.jpg
    20180323_144700-2016x1512.jpg
    998.1 KB · Views: 372
Reactions: Mr_Dude
Upping this thread I’m afraid...

I just set an appointment to have a cat-bypass made for my facelifted 8P S3 (2010), and an actually looking for a twin (4 tail pipe) diffuser... so I can fully agree with everyone on the lack of choice for this model. Which becomes absolutely nil when you want a pipe cutout on both sides.
I contacted Rieger to see if theirs fits the S3 hatch, but no reply as of yet.

Can ANYONE help a brother out and point me in the direction of a sure fit rear diffuser...!? Like, anything at all, except the stock one (since the “fins”/indents are not symmetrical). Even if it’s a single pipe cutout (left), which I guess could be modified manually.

Car in question:
9DA5AC59 C89B 476F BEFD F654494F0A73

As above, have a A3 8PTDI and wanting a rear diffuser. If anybody has a link would be appreciated. Like said above, seem to be difficult to find
Cheers

madness youre in the US and you got the front and rear bumpers from an s3 in europe?? Question the headlights did you need to configure them since theyre euro headlights and here in north america we have the orange hazard things on our headlights? I am thinking of buying some europe headlights because i hate that we have the orange bits on our headlights here in North america

View attachment 147857 View attachment 147858 View attachment 147859 View attachment 147860
Hey any chance you can tell me how you got the silver on the lower diffuser? did you paint it? if so what colour paint did you use to get it to be silver, because i cannot find any aftermarket diffuser that has that silver trimming on that aftermarket diffuser!

Fibreglass S3 diffuser in gloss black fitted
Original s3 diffuser is 2 piece, however being a fibreglass replica it comes as one.

Hi, may I know where did you buy it? thanks

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk