Why a plastic bleed nipple on slave cylinder?

Dan TheMan Welburn

Reaction score
Im sure its probably a ploy to get more money out of people, but i went to bleed my clutch slave cylinder today and although i only bled it on sunday the bleed nipple just rounded off, and its looking like anywhere between 30 and 70 quid for a new one, wouldnt it of just been easier to make it out of metal

any thoughts? or suggestions?

not 100% sure pal as i fitted a replacement no gen part to mine when i replaced the clutch and it was metal but ive had similar probs in past with transits and i used to just pull the spring clip out securing the pipe in to the slave and then pull the pipe out ever so slightly then bleed the slave cylinder that way then push the pipe right back in and put clip back in and done!
other thing is if you rounded off the nipple you could try a set of grips but watch you dont snap it!

i tried grips not much room to get on it from the top ill try from underneath when i dries up a bit, otherwise ill just replace it... Ive used the pipe off and on trick on smaller petrol engines, but wasnt sure if it would be effective on this