1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

whots the best map/tuning for my rs3

jonnyj Aug 14, 2018

1. jonnyj

jonnyj Member

iv bean looking at all these tuning youtube vids and wont to give it a go after iv got used to the power as you do:yes:

but with the big 3 tuning options APR REVO and MRC whot is the best and pro and cons of each

and does the tune really make a big difference and not just on a drag strip

real world power and no lag street fun is whot im looking for :busted cop:

penetrator likes this.
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Scotty75

Scotty75 Well-Known Member Team Brilliant Black Silver Supporter Audi A3 Sportback S-line owners group Manual

MRC, definitely. APR and REVO are generic maps whereas MRC are all done with time on the dyno and adjusted accordingly. I'm sure others here will second my vote.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

4. jonnyj

jonnyj Member

Scotty aint mrc stage 2 only doing 500 bhp and Apr stage 1 on there site says upto 542 bhp dep on fuel

5. Scotty75

Scotty75 Well-Known Member Team Brilliant Black Silver Supporter Audi A3 Sportback S-line owners group Manual

More to it than just Bhp. I'd rather take 500bhp and knows it was individually tuned than 542bhp generic nap.

I'm no expert but a lot is going to depend on how your RS3 is under ther hood condition of components. Also what modifications, exhaust system. Turbo, clutch and even possible gearbox remap

All I know is MRC have a good reputation and when my A3 finally gets remapped it's where I'll be going

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

6. FBF01

FBF01 Well-Known Member

Zzzzz not another tuning thread....use the search

goRt-, billymc92, E15 and 1 other person like this.
  7. jonnyj

jonnyj Member

took a second out your life to reply though lol

E15, penetrator and FBF01 like this.
  8. Mr Nardo

Mr Nardo New Member

Stage 1 is generic from MRC

Screen Shot 2018-08-15 at 09.07.29.png

Still planning on going to them myself though.. but straight to Stage 2 :welcoming:

jonnyj and penetrator like this.
  9. penetrator

penetrator Well-Known Member

I highly recommend Revo as that’s the route I went, completely changed the driveability of the car in all aspects not just straight line speed.

There much of a muchness I think as the figures quoted by all tuners mentioned are all there abouts each other, I for one don’t get pulled into the biggest BHP gains etc I was happy with the quoted power and torque figures from Revo and when speaking to the companies directly I got the warm and fuzzy feeling from them unlike the others, finally they did me a great price on there stage1 so it seemed a none brained when all told.

I’m sure others will say similar with APR and MRC but you do your research and go with who “you” think is best mate whoever you choose you will be made up as it’s awesome

jimojameso, E15, Callum66 and 2 others like this.
  10. jonnyj

jonnyj Member

is that stage 2 mrc with intercooler and downpipes

11. Mr Nardo

Mr Nardo New Member

Stage 2 is Downpipe and Panel Filter - recommended to get an intercooler though as temps shoot up after a few pulls from what i've seen...

also worth mentioning MRC have an S-Tronic map available (Revo/APR don't yet?) can also add 'Pop and Bangs' feature similar to the PFL and Map Switching for 4 different maps :icon thumright:

12. Avatar

13. jonnyj

jonnyj Member

Does it give much of a change in throttle response as is little pause/lag before the power kicks in as must say I drive around in comfort mode most as must be getting old know lol

who did you get yours done with and whot price is stage 1 revo around

14. Callump01

Callump01 Active Member Team Nardo Audi RS3 quattro Saloon

I've heard a car on Insta which has MRC Stage 2 with pops and bangs - they're really frequent (every time you let off the throttle near enough) and sound very very loud on video. Do they offer the pops and bangs with Stage 1 too?

15. Mr Nardo

Mr Nardo New Member

Yep - also if i remember correctly they can code the Pops and bangs to only be active in ESC Sport mode...

Callump01 likes this.
  16. billyali86

billyali86 Well-Known Member

I would take the 542bhp figure with a pinch of salt buddy, thats with Race fuel as far as I am aware and make a HUGE difference. Most of the maps are seeing between 480-510 on a stage 1 car

jimojameso and jonnyj like this.
  17. E15

E15 Active Member

I went for Revo as they are local to me.
    My car is on the 95 ron setting and is massively better than standard so when it's set on 98ron, it should be brutal.

I was going to go to MRC but a 320 mile round trip put me off should I need work doing...

jonnyj likes this.
  18. AlexRS3

AlexRS3 Member

Do you have to have a remap done to have the pops and bangs added or can it just be done to a standard car (the child in me wants them)?

19. D0C

D0C Well-Known Member Team Nardo Team Panther Audi RS3 TTRS

Why would you want just pops and bangs added but not the power? As soon as you alter anything, warranty will potentially be void anyway.

20. AlexRS3

AlexRS3 Member

I was really just wandering if it was just something that could be added for not to much £££ to be a bit more antisocial. Car is out of warranty end of October so not to bothered about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. jonnyj

jonnyj Member

Ahh got you buddy
    Only run mine on shell v-power unless im about to conk out Wich is often as a Tenner don't go far each time you fill up lol

22. jonnyj

jonnyj Member

whot is the price difference between stage 1 and 2 around all in with the dyno runs

23. RS4B5

RS4B5 5 pots

Cm tuning if it's closer owned by mrc

24. penetrator

I’ve noticed a change there’s a hell of a lot more urgency everywhere throttle response included, whether that’s a placebo I don’t know but to say I’m mega happy is an understatement lol

I got my car done in Derbyshire at MG Automotorsport and Revo charged me around £600 as they gave me a discount

neg, jonnyj and E15 like this.
  25. terminator x

terminator x Well-Known Member Team Nardo Team V6 Audi RS4

If PFL (assume so) just need decat sports exhaust for crazy sound!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

q5man, RS4B5 and AlexRS3 like this.
  26. jonnyj

jonnyj Member

send me link to this place mate as derby is only like hour away for me and iv looked and all I get is the mg car tuning come up lol

penetrator likes this.
  27. jonnyj

jonnyj Member

Think im going with revo or apr after thinking over as don't wont to go balls out adding all forge coolers and that stuff
    also spoke to mrc today on the stage 2 with the pops and bangs on gearbox map Little to much if im honest

penetrator likes this.
  28. penetrator

Here you go mate,

https://www.mgautos.uk.com/

jonnyj likes this.
  29. jonnyj

jonnyj Member

Thanks for the link mate but cars going in Monday morning for stage 1 Apr remap with a promise of money off when I go to stage 2 softwear when testing has finished

FBF01 likes this.
  30. aussieR

aussieR Active Member

Is the APR stage 2 going to take into account the new inlet pipe/intake, IC and DP. Have to expect around 520hp with all of that.

Guess that's similar gains to the full bolt on HO stage 2 s3 etc.

Would be great to see stage 2 cars hitting 10s on the 1/4 on pump fuel.

31. aussieR

aussieR Active Member

I was going to throw Rick at unicorn motor developments as another tuning option but looked at his facebook and not yet got the tuning sorted for the FL rs3.

Once he does that will be another great option as he is on the other platforms.

32. arressfree

arressfree New Member

nice drive back from banbury today.
    Only a stage 1 with panel filter fir now. For anyone interested, heres the results...

Attached Files:

EdmundVR4 and jimojameso like this.
  33. Avatar

34. D0C

D0C Well-Known Member Team Nardo Team Panther Audi RS3 TTRS

What's that dip at 5000rpm on the stock file all about?!

35. terminator x

terminator x Well-Known Member Team Nardo Team V6 Audi RS4

Disconnected flaps? Car seems to pull the power when people disconnect them.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

T-800 likes this.
  36. T-800

T-800 Well-Known Member Team Glacier TFSI Owners Group VCDS Map User Audi RS3 quattro Sportback S tronic MQB Platform

He’s done a few now.

He did one straight from the dealers when they were launched last year.

I was speaking to him after my FL had been on his rollers.

37. T-800

T-800 Well-Known Member Team Glacier TFSI Owners Group VCDS Map User Audi RS3 quattro Sportback S tronic MQB Platform

Certainly seems so.

Seen it before.

terminator x likes this.
  38. arressfree

arressfree New Member

lol...whats the dip all about’ thats what doug (tunerman)said.!!!
    is that because of the exhaust delete plugs I installed... ive never noticed the drop in torque when driving tbh...

39. T-800

Car sees flap errors car pulls power to protect itself.

Better to use the AVC controller.

Not cheap but no errors and controllable flaps.

terminator x likes this.
  40. Beebee-one

Beebee-one Well-Known Member Team Glacier Audi RS3

Yes it's because of the exhaust flaps being disconnected, it appeared on my dyno chart too and had almost exactly the same power loss at that RPM. I also never noticed the power loss on the road, probably because the extra exhaust noise made the effect of 'I must be going faster'!!
    The exhaust flap disconnect issue has been in discussion on some threads on a few forums now but people still seem to doubt it. If you remove the connectors and the ECU logs a fault code, the ECU will pull the power when revs go over 5K rpm, even if you have re-connected the plugs (but not cleared the code).
    There are probably plenty of people cruising around very happy with their louder exhaust but have no idea the car has logged a fault code and they briefly lose around 60 to 70ps at higher rpm

terminator x and T-800 like this.
  41. arressfree

arressfree New Member

Now thats a tradeoff that would have put of the delete plugs had i known...

Is there any danger of same thing happening if i remove the plugs..

42. T-800

As Beebee says you’ll need to clear the errors before normal service resumes.

43. Beebee-one

Beebee-one Well-Known Member Team Glacier Audi RS3

Yes! Doug will have cleared the codes when he loaded the map and removing the plugs with ignition on will log another code with potentially the same effect.

However, I believe the way to reconnect the exhaust flaps without triggering any code is to do it with the car completely cold and with the engine/ignition turned off.

Copy of my MRC stage 1 dyno plot below. The fault code was cleared and the stock power curve over 5K is normal. Note: The dyno cell was 26 degC. The car has uprated IC and larger intake pipe.
    IMG_3500.JPG

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
    T-800 likes this.