Who's running 19's? Suspension setup?

Cambaines

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just purchased some 3sdm 0.06 19" 8.5j et 35 wrapped in 235/35 tyres, my cars lowered on AP wound right down, does anyone know how much I will have to lift my car by, debating rolling my arches too? Anyone with 19's help?

fd309bb94c5a768078fccdfff5735a52.jpg

d49b5190685cf36e3f923494979745f6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

to be honest you're not going to get the look you want. ET35 is too aggressive of an offset. I was running that same spec (except I had 225/35-19) and ended up chipping both front wings because the tyres were hitting

Cheers for your reply mate....I may try 215/35... Recon it will make a difference? I really want these wheels to work! Last resort is rolling my arches, I don't want to camber the front either really :/

Im running 19x8.5j with 45 offset and 235/35/19 tyres lowered on eibach sportlines and had to remove the rear arch liners to stop rubbing on the rear,it still does rub slightly on the front now and again if i go over speed humps to quickly etc but i love the look so i dont care.

Im with GGG_666 on this one buddy as an offset of 35 does sound way to aggressive unless your gonna run streched 205/215 tyres,but i think it will look all wrong,especially on a sweet looking car like yours.;)

Love this comment

yeah I'm gonna have to stretch my tires 20mm and roll my arches, I shall post back on Monday with my progress, I have an arch roller so I'm gonna give it a go but it will be on 235's until I can get the funds, may just have to lift it until I can get tyres, if yours are rubbing on 45 et and lowered 30 then I'm not looking too good on 35 and on coilies

Love this comment

yeah I'm gonna have to stretch my tires 20mm and roll my arches, I shall post back on Monday with my progress, I have an arch roller so I'm gonna give it a go but it will be on 235's until I can get the funds, may just have to lift it until I can get tyres, if yours are rubbing on 45 et and lowered 30 then I'm not looking too good on 35 and on coilies
You do know what I mean by bag it?

I would love to bag it, haven't got the £2000+ to bag it! Wish I did though, just gonna buy 215/35/19 and stretch them, maybe 40 profile, gonna put them on tomorrow and lift my suspension right up!:(

Reactions: audismart
I would love to bag it, haven't got the £2000+ to bag it! Wish I did though, just gonna buy 215/35/19 and stretch them, maybe 40 profile, gonna put them on tomorrow and lift my suspension right up!:(

Yeah it aint cheep to bag it mate, I not that keen on the handling characteristics too.

Hmm I would love them but really I don't mind it being static

Update, wheels are on... Lifted it by 15mm and rolled the front arches too, fronts are bang on! Backs rub when I corner quick but new tyres will sort that out with a bit of stretch! Overall happy with the fitment

a4426604c29961ec93f33175f56f3ddb.jpg

0d91e4fb517269fbd612fe4869a6e2a0.jpg

702ac800d5648e714d678316babd7a91.jpg

Cheers mate, I may just cut them down or try and use a heat gun to push it back, rather have the arch protection if I can!

I find this whole concept of lowering till it almost touches the arch fascinating , do those people think we have billiard table like roads ?

Porsche , Ferrari , Aston Martin etc don't slam their cars , so why do you ?

Reactions: outsideline
I find this whole concept of lowering till it almost touches the arch fascinating , do those people think we have billiard table like roads ?

Porsche , Ferrari , Aston Martin etc don't slam their cars , so why do you ?

Because we like it

Reactions: FaisalFazeli
I love the look of a low car, I had to raise it slightly to account for the extra inch of wheel I was putting on, happy with the look, I may just have to camber at the back slightly

was the first picture you uploaded at the top of 18's or what you were hoping for on 19s... just my AP's don't go that low! lol

was the first picture you uploaded at the top of 18's or what you were hoping for on 19s... just my AP's don't go that low! lol

Top picture was the 19" with the AP coilovers wound right down and arches not rolled, the wheel was literally pushing on the arch, had to lift by 15mm and roll the arches out, happy with how it sits now!

Mine don't seem to go that low, wierd how other people's car sit differently on the same set up!

These coilovers aren't made exactly for my car, made for the non Quattro version so I think the weight of mine does change it a little

These coilovers aren't made exactly for my car, made for the non Quattro version so I think the weight of mine does change it a little

What's the weight rating for your coilovers? Quattro cars are heavier than their 2WD counterparts. I'd be careful running coilovers which aren't rated to take the additional weight of 4WD.

What's the weight rating for your coilovers? Quattro cars are heavier than their 2WD counterparts. I'd be careful running coilovers which aren't rated to take the additional weight of 4WD.

Yeah it's a very good point you have there, fitted and hoping for the best I guess, there's a lad who's had 2wd AP's on his Quattro for over a year on here... Doesn't mean it's okay I know

Cambaines

Hi mate, just had a quick read of your thread. I'm running 19x8.5j et45 with 10mm spacers on rear so effectively et35 with 215 35 tyres on coilovers. And I run my A3 quite low. It doesn't catch at all on the front. Occasionally catches the splash guard on the rear when cornering hard or over bumps in the road but other wise it's all good. I did adjust the Camber a touch on the rear to compensate for it catching but it's spot on. So if you wanted to go lower you can with 215 35s. Hope this helps buddy

Cambaines

Hi mate, just had a quick read of your thread. I'm running 19x8.5j et45 with 10mm spacers on rear so effectively et35 with 215 35 tyres on coilovers. And I run my A3 quite low. It doesn't catch at all on the front. Occasionally catches the splash guard on the rear when cornering hard or over bumps in the road but other wise it's all good. I did adjust the Camber a touch on the rear to compensate for it catching but it's spot on. So if you wanted to go lower you can with 215 35s. Hope this helps buddy

Cheers for the reply mate, my rubs like mad, the fronts are fine because there rolled so I'm ready to go lower there, my next step will 100% be tyres, I'm im unsure on how to camber at the back, are there camber blots that you can slightly adjust? It's something I would want to as soon as really! Can't even have people in the back of my car without it rubbing over every bump on the road, it's annoying but the 19's look mint

You can adjust the rears yeah, I work at an accident realise centre so I have access to a laser geometry machine and ramp so did it at work. I'd advise you take it to somewhere that has a geometry/wheel alignment checking system and they can adjust the camber a degree or two to gain the clearance you need. Think mine was adjusted 1.5 degrees negative on the rear. Just enough to clear catching and not too much that it'll kill your tyres. I made this mistake when I had 20mm spacers on the back n went about 4 degrees negative! Looked stanced as hell but killed the tyres within 12 months. Lol. Hence why I've fitted 10m spacers and re adjusted accordingly.

I'm planning on adjusting the camber myself in the interim for me buying new tyres! Just to calm it for a while and then I will get It done properly, or I may just get the tyres soon as! The tyres that are on are still good so I will try and sell them too, cheers for your help mate

Reactions: Tay_GP
Hi,

I am running 19" 8.5J ET45, same setup as yours and im on air and was hard for me to get it to stop rubbing driving at even coilover height. Rears cambered to the max with standard arms (So it tucks inside when low) and the front i had to get camber plates and set to -2.

These two were a must for me not to drive at 4x4 height :racer:.

Also air is not as expensive as it sounds.. £1400 cost me fitted with V2 management and slam series bags, got a used kit, main thing is to just check the manifold works which can be tested even if the previous owner has taken it off his car by just connecting it to the battery and the bags just the rubber has no holes and shocks are not leaking. but yeah brand new is around £2200-3000.

Attachments

• IMG_2748.JPG
    IMG_2748.JPG
    615.2 KB · Views: 161
Reactions: Cambaines
Hi,

I am running 19" 8.5J ET45, same setup as yours and im on air and was hard for me to get it to stop rubbing driving at even coilover height. Rears cambered to the max with standard arms (So it tucks inside when low) and the front i had to get camber plates and set to -2.

These two were a must for me not to drive at 4x4 height :racer:.

Also air is not as expensive as it sounds.. £1400 cost me fitted with V2 management and slam series bags, got a used kit, main thing is to just check the manifold works which can be tested even if the previous owner has taken it off his car by just connecting it to the battery and the bags just the rubber has no holes and shocks are not leaking. but yeah brand new is around £2200-3000.

Love the rotiform IND's man! Such a smart wheel! I'm going to get some stretched tyres and then camber the back and see how it goes, wanting to go lower really! But I need it practical also I need to do i can power round a corner without it the horrible rubbing noise from the backs! I would love air and realistically £1400 fitted is pretty mint! One day haha! Maybe my next car, won't be keeping this much over a year I don't think, getting something ko4 that I can have for a few years!

Reactions: FaisalFazeli and Tay_GP