Whos had the cambelt done

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
Was the tensioner stud changed? anyone had issues with the stud(it go's through the tensioner and into the engine block)
how many times has your cambelt been change and was it done at audi?

Rumours that stud fails ,just wanted check if anyone had cambelt changed more than once,any issues.(just curious)

Not sure if mine was the stud you speak of, but one of the tensioner bolts snapped in half causing a failure on mine at 119k :( think it was the lower tensioner bolt of them all. They then had to re-tap the original hole and replaced the bolt with a rolls royce jet engine spec bolt lmao.. perhaps that fker wont break!!

What year was/is your car and before it snapped off did you have a cambelt done,if so did audi do it........and was stud replaced with new one?
Did you have engine damage,any warning signs?
Not sure if mine was the stud you speak of, but one of the tensioner bolts snapped in half causing a failure on mine at 119k :( think it was the lower tensioner bolt of them all. They then had to re-tap the original hole and replaced the bolt with a rolls royce jet engine spec bolt lmao.. perhaps that fker wont break!!

Last edited:
Had my cam belt changed soon as I had the car 3 weeks ago was on just under 100k had the stud done. Had a 2003 b6 tdi after a remap the stud snapped. Did run ruff on idle didn't think nothing of it at the time :(
Old car had 113 k on it

thanks,ive got b8...hopefully better stud LOL
Had my cam belt changed soon as I had the car 3 weeks ago was on just under 100k had the stud done. Had a 2003 b6 tdi after a remap the stud snapped. Did run ruff on idle didn't think nothing of it at the time :(
Old car had 113 k on it

I've head of studs going on later models, you could just be the unlucky one and get a weak stud/bolt. If your doing a belt change then I normally replace the tensioner with stud/bolt and idler wheel (if fitted) and also water pump if driven off the cam belt.

ive replaced the stud,but the stud has been torqed to spec,its been torqued 3 or 4 times(dont ask lol) changed waterpump after etc and stuf,will it be ok if its torqed each time,as far as im aware its when they get overtightened the problems arise.
I've head of studs going on later models, you could just be the unlucky one and get a weak stud/bolt. If your doing a belt change then I normally replace the tensioner with stud/bolt and idler wheel (if fitted) and also water pump if driven off the cam belt.

Last edited:
I had the cambelt change only two weeks ago.
2.0 TDI 2009 model with 170 000 km on it.

Used this kit from continental.
T2eC16VHJGoE9nuQffKWBP7tzQ09w60 1

First belt for this car yes, but I did not do it myself.

2 times on this 18T b8
both at audi
no mention of stud changed.

i think the stud should be ok,providing its torqued(which audi should/will do) personally i think they shear off and fail because they either get overtightened,or left too loose,more chance of overtightening....if its overtightened then the stud cant go in anyfurther into the engine block,it obvious then it starts pulling out of the block, then comes off/shears off.....what do you think il post a pick of the stud in a min.
2 times on this 18T b8
both at audi
no mention of stud changed.