who would you recomend for remap on s3

phals3

Reaction score
Well that time has finally come, ive got a week off work and want to get my s3 a little quicker - im going to buy the revo high flow induction (unless anyone can point me in the direction of anything better) and fit it tomorow and then looking to get it remapped later on in the week, just not quite sure who to go for, im on the cheshire/staffordshire border so the nearest for me would be a revo at psi or apr at awesome, which would you go for?

I think it's a difficult choice now.

Revo haven't developed the mapping much recently,but they did well for me for some time.

APR have worked quite hard and brought quite a few developments,and for that bit extra,you have people like Rick @ Unicorn who is in Stockport to give you some custom mapping.

I think it's a difficult choice now.

Revo haven't developed the mapping much recently,but they did well for me for some time.

APR have worked quite hard and brought quite a few developments,and for that bit extra,you have people like Rick @ Unicorn who is in Stockport to give you some custom mapping.
Opinions on R-tech Alex?

When I mapped my S3 I went Revo stage 2+ and initially thought it was good, I've now driven another S3 stage 2+ APR which was worlds apart.
If I was doing it again it'd be APR.

Thanks for all the replies- been doing a bit of googling and has anyone had a map from shark? I know cheaper isn't always better but for a stage 1 map its 200 quid cheaper than the apr

R-Tech I don't know.

Rick at Unicorn comes highly recommended and gave me some good impartial and free advice so those are all big plus points.

Shark seems to have gone quiet recently but were doing good things a while back.

That's about it I'm afraid but having gone down a completely custom route I can see the benefits of doing that.

Plenty on here have the Shark performance maps including myself and it's a good progressive map and the price is a big bonus over Revo and APR. They have gone a little quiet in the VAG world I think. They seem to be doing a lot of Volvo's of recent. R-Tech is certainly where ill be going for my stage 2+ map though.

Rick @ Unicorn I would suggest.

Reactions: S3 AEX
Well I can do you a great deal on the Revo Intake if required.. Please feel free to contact me on 01522 717100

As for remaps.. I`m a Revo Dealer, APR have a great rep and I`ve seen some great results.. What alot of people do not realize with Revo is I can set the car up for 2 very different maps

Linear Throttle - This is what I normally put on all remaps if I`m honest. Its far more progressive, basically it gives back control to the driver by using ALL of throttle.

Aggressive Throttle - Basically you press the throttle 30% down and the car will produce full boost. In turn makes the car far more aggressive and you get that "Kick Back" in the seat feeling. Which is great if you like it like that..

Most of you know that I have a Golf GTI running a K04 turbo, this is mapped on a Linear Throttle as its bad enough trying to get the power down as it is. :)

Does r-tech and unicorn both use this site ? I'd be curious to see what they could do with mine at current mod levels

Reactions: Prees83
I bought the vw racing intake it sounds awesome I'll be going apr 2+ I think

Another vote for Rick here. From researching I read he was on par with R-TECH and he is an hour closer to me.

He offers lots of electrical extras such as: Launch Control, hard cut limiters, flat shift. Lots of these extras people are still trying to develop.

If I was to give a statement to sum it up I would definitely go Custom over Generic due to cost and individuality, and then I would go to a tuner reasonably close to you - so that if any issues arise you can get them resolved with minimal efforts. Also if you require map tweaking for new hardware, it makes this process a lot quicker/easier.

Reactions: S3 AEX and Smirky
Another vote for Rick here. From researching I read he was on par with R-TECH and he is an hour closer to me.

He offers lots of electrical extras such as: Launch Control, hard cut limiters, flat shift. Lots of these extras people are still trying to develop.

If I was to give a statement to sum it up I would definitely go Custom over Generic due to cost and individuality, and then I would go to a tuner reasonably close to you - so that if any issues arise you can get them resolved with minimal efforts. Also if you require map tweaking for new hardware, it makes this process a lot quicker/easier.
Unicorn is way up north and I'm way down south so r-tech be my choice Lester I think ? Has any one had custom mapping done by amd???

Ahh well in that case yes I would go R-TECH in your circumstance @Smirky. He also gets raving reviews and is a reputable tuner.

Never dealt with AMD myself, sorry bud.

Ahh well in that case yes I would go R-TECH in your circumstance @Smirky. He also gets raving reviews and is a reputable tuner.

Never dealt with AMD myself, sorry bud.
I no amd do alot of work revo apr dealer etc but curious about there custom work

I no amd do alot of work revo apr dealer etc but curious about there custom work

The best I can say is that their results are comparable to most of the other maps,and they will do their best to get things to your liking,whilst also being careful to make sure it's safe.

Aside from the Syvecs ECU on my car,they've done virtually everything else.
One thing to do aside from speaking to anyone here running their maps is to talk to Ben @ AMD and discuss what you want.

Reactions: Smirky
The best I can say is that their results are comparable to most of the other maps,and they will do their best to get things to your liking,whilst also being careful to make sure it's safe.

Aside from the Syvecs ECU on my car,they've done virtually everything else.
One thing to do aside from speaking to anyone here running their maps is to talk to Ben @ AMD and discuss what you want.
Need a new clutch before I put anymore bhp or torque through it I think lol

Reactions: S3 AEX and S3Alex
I am Revo stage 2+ but if I had to do it again I think I would go with APR. I am basing that, not on my own experience, but on the experience of a few of the s3 owners on this site who have done that very thing. As Alex said Revo have pretty much forgot about the 8P wheras APR have continued development. Or continued it longer at least (I do not know if they are currently still developing it).

Need a new clutch before I put anymore bhp or torque through it I think lol
Mines still going strong at st2+, and as re maps go I wouldn't take mine anywhere but to Rick at unicorn now.

Mines still going strong at st2+, and as re maps go I wouldn't take mine anywhere but to Rick at unicorn now.
It's ok long as I don't try and launch it ,unicorn is ok if you live up north but being from the south coast can't just nip back if it needs tweaking etc

I'd like to know this too? Has anyone got a full decat?

Your standard clutch??
Yep standard trev, I don't do launches mate but it's certainly been given the beans an still ok *touches wood*

Reactions: s3_trev
It's ok long as I don't try and launch it ,unicorn is ok if you live up north but being from the south coast can't just nip back if it needs tweaking etc
Yep it is a bit of a drive Smirky

I'd like to know this too? Has anyone got a full decat?
I'm running 3" DP and De cat I love the sound when you open the car up, before my map the car did 284bhp on dyno with the DP and de cat and CAI

Bcs or miltek?
Pipe werx m8, quality is excellent despite the cheaper price tag. They've done performance bike exhausts before time began so I had no reason to doubt them.

Pipe werx m8, quality is excellent despite the cheaper price tag. They've done performance bike exhausts before time began so I had no reason to doubt them.
Think I looked at that on eBay ,was there fitment issues or am I thinking of a different pipe

My only concern with buying separates would be if you ever wanted to add centre and back box would be the fitment from downpipe to centre , so I just saved and got full system :)

If you require any information please feel free to contact me on 01522 717100

I can talk to you about remaps and Exhausts.. :)