Who would you choose to take over top gear?

Sandra

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Audi Main Dealer
Platinum Supporter
Reaction score
If you had to choose 3 individuals to take over the presenting of top gear, who would you choose? I will start with my choices.

1. Guy Martin - He is a really funny but talented guy. I know his background is more road racing on his motorbikes, but he loves anything mechanical. Plus bikes have a top gear.

2. Brian Johnstone - he is fantastic in cars that rock, good sense of humour.

3. Ed China - from wheeler dealers. He is very knowledgeable in the fixing of cars, plus it be funny to see him trying to fit into some of the sportier cars as he is so tall.

Reactions: sliced
1. Guy Martain - For pretty much the same reasons

2. Jack Whitehall - Because he knows FA about cars and it would be funny watching the other presenters tear him apart

3. Sabine Schmitz - Would keep Guy on his toes and she's got the experience of driving some brilliant cars to their limits

and im adding a 4th

4, Me - Because i want to get paid tonnes for driving insane cars around

Vic reeves
Boris Johnson
David Beckham

think about it..........

that's an awesome mix!

Reactions: Sandra
I don't think that any combination of presenters could do as good a job as the three who just left the show.
They're going to need to have chemistry between them... which rules out any of the England football team or actors from the recent '50 Shades of Grey' movie.

1. Chris Harris - One of the best motoring journos out there at present and excellent behind the wheel to give even the Stig a run for his money.

2. Brian Johnson - As said above from @Sandra he is great to watch in 'Cars that rock' and not afraid to ask those question we all want to ask in a comical kind of way.

Tough one this final slot but -

3. Harry Metcalfe - He would bring a more serous side to car reviews and testing plus is ridiculously knowledgeable in all cars!

That would be my dream team so to speak...as realistically I'm sure the above 3 are all tied up in their own projects/shows/companies.

btw, I'm not sure if anyone has watched a lot of 'our Guy' (I do have the utmost respect and time for him) but I expect the BBC would spend a large amount of time on editing his swearing out and also would have to provide subtitles throughout his appearance :p

Reactions: Sandra