Who was running the 290+ bhp S3 at Santa Pod yesterday?

Hi Mate

Was nice to meet you. Really liked your car and thought it sounded lovely. Brakes are huge too! :icon_thumright:

My clutch didn't like the second gear launch attempt, but I had to give it a go! I parked it up for an hour to let it cool down and then took it for a few more runs and it was fine?! A lad from our forum wasn't so lucky. I was passenger when we went for a run and sheared an engine mount changing from second to third. He had to take it on a low loader back to sheffield as the engine had dropped right down in the bay! :no:

Sorry about that run, I just got a random start I think and then was off with smoke pouring out! :blink: It was clear that your car is quick as you were reeling me in towards the end of the strip! Nicely done on the mid 13's too - good times! I quite fancy an S3 as my next car. Just need to save for ages first!

I also had podface, much to the amusement of everyone at work :jester:

glad all was ok, fooking bummer about your mates car though, bet that wasnt cheap getting it taken all the way back to sheffield, plus the cost of the mount and fitting, expensive day out huh? what car was ibiza tdi, cupra?

lol cheers, my mates wont let me forget it though unfortunatley, feckers!!
s3's are great all round cars mate, but dont be fooled, mines had a lot of dosh thrown at it to get it the way it is now, and its not anything amazing, the same sorta cash chucked at a jap car would give you more power but you wouldnt get the german engineering nor half the toys inside so for now, im happy to compromise :)

will you be heading to the gti internationals at bruntingthorpe end of june? thinking of camping with the guys off here (seperate tents/sleeping bags before anyone gets any ideas) might sign on for a few runs down the strip there too