Who was looking a Colour DIS?

Does anyone know the correct p/n for a convertible? I'm guessing this can be re-coded to show the correct mileage etc?

Yes they can/need to be coded and mileage adjusted.

But im fairly sure the Convertible is a very different Cluster design/part

Yes they can/need to be coded and mileage adjusted.

But im fairly sure the Convertible is a very different Cluster design/part

Unless youve done it theres actually more to it that meets the eye retrofitting clusters.

There's issues with security codes for the immobiliser and the mileage isn't easily adjusted via coding.

Also the colour screen cant just be swapped as the circuit board is different on both colour and red Dis screens.

Yeh that's what I meant by coded. Will need the SKC code and while you're at it get the mileage adjusted.

Good time to also have an extra key programmed!

I'd looked into changing to a colour Dis but eventually decided it was probably more hassle than its worth. Theres plenty more easily achievable retrofits that provide more satisfaction and practicality imo

The colour screen is not really colour either , its just a step up from all red.
I my view a colour display should be just that ,colour display with a good range of colour, not just red and white, just my input chaps.

The colour screen is not really colour either , its just a step up from all red.
I my view a colour display should be just that ,colour display with a good range of colour, not just red and white, just my input chaps.

Yep agreed, but don't forget green too Rob.

Wow ok, didn't know so much would be involved. Yeah I've seen some photos and it seems to be a multiple colour screen rather than full colour. Probably give it a miss for now I guess.

The green comes up every time you turn On the car. OK

I’ve also used one with the RNS Nav option and although they’re fairly basic it shows satnav/directions on the screen in the cluster.

Screenshot 2020 08 28 at 0208

Screenshot 2020 08 28 at 020845w

Last edited:
Ok chaps, after some tinkering i've found , yellow / green /red and white so far...happy days:icon thumright:

Recently had mine swapped from another B7 I have. Had Retrofit Southwest come and do the coding and SKC work and it took him a few hours as one of the clusters wouldn’t play nice. Probably not worth it to be honest but I do much prefer it over the red and now the sat nav shows up on the DIS too

Reactions: tr7
Recently had mine swapped from another B7 I have. Had Retrofit Southwest come and do the coding and SKC work and it took him a few hours as one of the clusters wouldn’t play nice. Probably not worth it to be honest but I do much prefer it over the red and now the sat nav shows up on the DIS too

Do you mind me asking how much you paid? Also did your nav not show up in your dis before? I still have the red dis and reteofitted rnse and i get the map info in there. You just have to turned the HU off and on again to refresh the dis display i find

I paid £80 per cluster because I had to swap my red ones back into the other B7 I have. Nope mine wouldn’t show up in the red one. Tried turning it off and on again. Checked and triple checked in VCDS.

£80 was a good price.

Did you get the SKC code for your own reference?

Sold now it seems

For £80 I'd recommend it to anyone. It keeps B7's from feeling completely dated and I'm a big fan of spending money on the things you use and touch all the time.

e.g. Steering wheels etc.

They are what you make them , do nothing to it and it will allways be just another old B7 variant, spend some pennies on it and add the right bits , you will still have an old b7 variant but it will be just that little bit special and thats what it is all about , being that little special to the owner.:icon thumright::yahoo:

Finally got this actual instrument cluster installed -

clocks.jpg

Reactions: AvantAlexB7 and tr7
Would be a good retrofit to do. Interesting.

@Alex Holmes how did you get the nav directions onto the red DIS? I've retrofitted the RNSE but got no nav instructions on the DIS...

Would be a good retrofit to do. Interesting.

@Alex Holmes how did you get the nav directions onto the red DIS? I've retrofitted the RNSE but got no nav instructions on the DIS...

I have, did you recode the instruments too? Also i have to turn my HU off and on before my dis shows the directions. I don't know why it does that but it works

i,m totally lost on this... can i simply get my dash coded to do this or is it a case of replacing part of the dash and then recoding ??? help please..

i,m totally lost on this... can i simply get my dash coded to do this or is it a case of replacing part of the dash and then recoding ??? help please..

As far as im aware its a case of swapping the instrument cluster and recoding for the immobiliser. I don't think the immobiliser can be dealt with via VCDS though.

I have looked into just swapping the dis screen itself but the motherboards in the back of the clusters are different.

Reactions: WOMBLERULZ
Looks good, definitely on my to do list.

How did the installation go? Getting around the immobiliser and milage discrepancy?

I'm not entirely sure of the exact process to be honest. They guy who did it for me referred to it as a clone so I presume an image is taken of the original clocks and programed onto the replacement. My car is a 2005 the colour DIS clocks are from a 2007 model.

Reactions: WOMBLERULZ
I'm not entirely sure of the exact process to be honest. They guy who did it for me referred to it as a clone so I presume an image is taken of the original clocks and programed onto the replacement. My car is a 2005 the colour DIS clocks are from a 2007 model.

So did he replicate your milage then?

Yes, well close. It had 175k odd now it has 173k odd. It wears mileage as a badge of honor now so no point giving it a hair cut :)

Ah okay, thats good then. Thats one thing that was putting me off tbh, im not interested in clocking it, just replicating my cars current milage.

That's another year closer Alex.

have a good one.:icon thumright:

Reactions: AvantAlexB7