Who wants a RS3 bumper? :) Price is 550 Euros if I can not use it with regular wings

gettold.jpg

Replica is the wrong word to use here, because If I was going to do this mod, I would put it on a 3 door car. It's a stunning looking car, why wouldn't I want some of it to be on my car. I have S3 body parts of my 53 plate (Debaged now) If you make the assumption it's an S3, then that's stupidity on your part. Why would that bother me. When I get an 8P3 A3, guess what body panels I'm going for. Buy em cheap, plenty leftover to **** off the rich
arriva il treno merci! calm down mate, we're all friends here... You're getting yourself all wound up and still missing the point.. - it's the badge that's deliberately misleading.. I wouldn't assume a car was something it wasn't by some tidy body mods, but if it has an s3 badge (or RS3) and it's not.. then surely the owner wants other people to think he is driving something he's not!

no from what i saw the bumper isnt pulled in, the arch has been rolled out but its not until today that i have seen how wide those front RS3 arches are. as you can see from the above pics the rs3 bumper has a curve going outwards and the RS3 arch carries on that curve as it gets wider.
now the owner of the car has had the original arch push outwards so that it meets the rs3 bumper but it still follows the profile of the tyres... having seen it up front i have to say the car does look quite good and it would take a good couple of looks to tell that its been retrofitted.

he does also have the rs3 skirts, rear bumper and spoiler on the car, lowered and sitting on 19's Kahn alloys with a custom interior retrim the car does look smart but i personally do not like the RS3 bumper, those flared intake grills where the fogs would be do not do it for me.

i didnt take any more pics as i told the owner to come and do the honors and show his car off... yes he has the badges on the car and yes i did criticise him for it but its his car and its his choice.

lets hope to see his thread... but for info purposes the bumper does fit the car with the standard wings with some modifications

It may just be me being pedantic but yes the bumper fits on with mods to the wings, but it still doesn't fit whoever profiled the arches during rolling should be ashamed the wheel setup should have been adjusted to match that of the rs on the front not "frig" the body work to suit

All of this being said good work to the lad for going to the effort its easy to sit back debate and speculate harder to try and achive some form of fitment

and here is pic of the rs3 front bumper with standard a3 wings ( i was working on this car today

62d6be1d.jpg

d86529d6.jpg

This guy has clearly spent a fair amount on his car,wouldn't it have been easier to just buy the wings ,i know RS3 parts are harder to find but im sure they pop up on ebay germany now and then .

One of my friends thinks i shouldn't put any S3/RS3 parts on my car because its only a 140 ,i spent 27 K on the car and have had someone hit my front and back bumper on the car ;( .Instead of going through insurance i got £400 for the back ,my front was hit in heathrow airport car park ,i only noticed the small crack on my bumper/grill the next day ,the annoying thing is that the shock from the hit broke 2 of my fixings on my xenons and part of my slam panel . I plan to change my front and skirts to S3 and back and grill to RS3 .I managed to get a new set of mirrors for £170 on Ebay Germany ,i was gonna leave my A3 badge on now but think it will look better if i debadge it completely.

Anyway thanks for clearing up if the rear bumper fits ,i plan to make a full build thread when ive finished it all off .

Just buy an rs3.....

Oh its nice to hear that; so simple huh? Just buy an RS3.. Will you cover the difference between an A3 and RS3 like 90.000 Euros here?

A3 1.6 1595 102 15.650 25.668 Euros

RS 3 Sportback 2480 340 40.853 111.777 Euros

:) buy me an rs3 mate ;)

thats the same car is it not

Yep........ Would be funny if an actual rs3 pulled up next to him and decided to play... Hahaha his face. Reps should stay in china. >:)

ash i know lol. am from bradford we got loads of q7,rs4 s3 running around with kahn's, kahn is based in bradford. i prefer his old design.

I just read that build thread... He has put what looks like a supercharger badge on the wing too! I give up, I have nothing more to add - its beyond hope :( this is worse than a fake Chinese Rolex..

So, you take an A3 diesel thats cheap to insure and cheap to run, sink a couple of grand into it, and end up with a car that is slower, more costly to insure, and looks like something its not with aftermarket Range Rover wheels?
wacko.gif

I wont even try to understand.

Reactions: quattro81 and N8
This car reminds me of this shop on holiday with a similar ad.
genuine-fake-watches-5.jpg

He's not laughing at the fact his car is a diesel though Kelvin. He's laughing at the pictures of the wings, SHOCKING. The fit looks HORRENDOUS.

Nope I like that thread mate, I just don't see why he's laughing when essentially he did the same thing. Mod Diesel.
see.. i think we're talking about two different things here:think: N8 hasn't put an RS3 badge anywhere on his car! HE has used parts that compliment the style he was looking for, and I think all of us agree that he has smashed it out the park in that respect.. no dodgy fit lines or half measures there - but no need to badge it as something it's not either! RS actually stands for Renn Sport, or Racing sport in english, SO it designates the performance aspect of the car. If something looks nice, and that was your goal, it matters not what is under the bonnet, but it should be labeled (or debadged) appropriately... And don't get me involved on the discussion on those rims on an audi..:)

Reactions: J.R. and N8
N8's done it the right way. especially as theres no V8 badge on it

Reactions: N8
Lol If you were to drive past me at 30mph, then ask me was that an S3 or Sline. I would be hard pushed to tell you the answer. I mean how can small tiny little badge have such an effect on the whole car. Man, that's pathetic, you guys are just nitpicking. I like the RS3 badge, it's a good design, it "compliments the style"

SOLD! :)

Lol If you were to drive past me at 30mph, then ask me was that an S3 or Sline. I would be hard pushed to tell you the answer. I mean how can small tiny little badge have such an effect on the whole car. Man, that's pathetic, you guys are just nitpicking. I like the RS3 badge, it's a good design, it "compliments the style"
This is not "nitpicking" at all! A lot of work and effort goes into the cosmetics of a car, down to every last detail - it's the small touches that make a difference. What's pathetic is not understanding that the model designation badge on an audi is a subtle touch to show it's a special model (R8 - GT badged.. RS4, RS2, RS3 etc etc).. It does not compliment the style, it detracts from it on a car that is not one of these models - it is the automotive equivalent of a girl stuffing her bra with chicken breasts.. looks great til you get her undressed :lmfao:.. A 1.9 "supercharged" chop shop motor does not even come close.. You can keep this argument going as long as you want, but you know you're wrong :laugh:

A real pet hate of mine is seeing an old 320d badged as an M3!

I digress!

A real pet hate of mine is seeing an old 320d badged as an M3!

I digress!

Loads of them around my way. I can't help but think 'Bell End' every time I see one.

Hi ive just started my RS3 facelift, so would be interested in this bumper and any other parts available? wings/fenders, headlights,wing mirrors, rear roof spolier, maybe interior etc etc..