Deep penetrator

Reaction score
Afternoon gents,

As the title states, who runs a Dragy unit and what are your best times;

0-60
0-100
60-120
1/4 mike if relevant

I’ve had my unit for a week now as the first one I purchased had to go back as it was tits, I haven’t had chance to test yet but I’m hoping to utilise my private runway later which is actually longer than the runway in Fast n Furious 6 lol

No worries, I may get the opportunity to run one on Saturday, Bri (beebee-one) has just purchased one so we will atleast see santa pod time slip vs dragy for both our cars

Reactions: T-800 and Deep penetrator
Yes, Leo-RS.

You can setup a custom 0-100mph but the display is rubbish as it doesn't give you the 10mph incremental break downs. In order to see the 10mph increments you need to do the 0-130 test.

The 100-200kmh test is good as is the 60-130 test. Those take away launch and traction issues. On a Stage 1 on the Pzero's launch is very difficult (In a TTRS anyway)

Reactions: Deep penetrator
Here's my best time so far, only mods are APR Stage 1 remap, Racingline R360 wheels and Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tyres. Temperature was 16 degrees. I've not personally seen a quicker 0-60 time for just a stage 1 map running on 99 ron.
IMG 1792
Here

i believe dragy is good and accurate, but it cannot prove the car it was run in

Stock facelift with 99octane @ 24 degrees celcius

Attachments

• IMG_1911.PNG
    IMG_1911.PNG
    470.6 KB · Views: 445
  • IMG_1943.PNG
    IMG_1943.PNG
    504.3 KB · Views: 392

You could use the video function using your phone via the Dragy app and show the dash, but that wouldn't be proof of any mods that had been done, just have to take people's word for it.

Reactions: monopole
Here's my best time so far, only mods are APR Stage 1 remap, Racingline R360 wheels and Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tyres. Temperature was 16 degrees. I've not personally seen a quicker 0-60 time for just a stage 1 map running on 99 ron.
View attachment 159706 Here

Good launch. Your lightweight wheels and PS4’s will be responsible for the good 60. Probably not achievable on the Pzero’s. PS4’s are superb, crazy levels of grip for a road tyre.

Any 100-200 times or 60-130? That’s where the real strong performance metrics show

Last edited:
Good launch. Your lightweight wheels and PS4’s will be responsible for the good 60. Probably not achievable on the Pzero’s.

Any 100-200 times or 60-130, that’s where the real strong performance metrics show.

I've done plenty around 3.1 - 3.2 secs consistently, then went out on a cooler night and got the 3.05 first try, was pretty shocked!

Hard to find anywhere to do longer runs though without access to a runway/strip. I managed a 11.38 sec 1/4 mile but that was with me slowing down due to running out of road/pussying out, terminal speed was 108mph so definitely think it would be good for under 11 seconds.

That’s true, I’m sure there are some that will strap it onto a bike or into a 1000hp GTR and claim it’s from their Stage 1 Focus RS but you would be able to spot these cheats a mile off on the leaderboards as if they were way quicker than everything else for the claimed mods and power etc then they would stand out like a sore thumb.

It’s more trustworthy than the vbox because there is no rollout function and the slope is restricted to a very tight -1%.

There’s still the TCU to be done so it’s more than possible that a Stage 1 car will go 2.9 with higher launch RPM

I've done plenty around 3.1 - 3.2 secs consistently, then went out on a cooler night and got the 3.05 first try, was pretty shocked!

Hard to find anywhere to do longer runs though without access to a runway/strip. I managed a 11.38 sec 1/4 mile but that was with me slowing down due to running out of road/pussying out, terminal speed was 108mph so definitely think it would be good for under 11 seconds.

APR claim 11.1 secs from their Stage 1 RS3 on 98/99 octane. That’s on a prepped US dragstrip too. You would be doing very well to get into the 10’s on a Stage 1 on Vpower.

I visit my runway at 4am in the morning, it’s a good time of the day for some testing ;)

APR claim 11.1 secs from their Stage 1 RS3 on 98/99 octane. That’s on a prepped US dragstrip too. You would be doing very well to get into the 10’s on a Stage 1 on Vpower.

I visit my runway at 4am in the morning, it’s a good time of the day for some testing ;)

Challenge accepted! :D

Challenge accepted! :D

It will be thereabouts with 11.1 @ 124ish I would think. Good luck it does get addictive with the leaderboard trying to improve.

Actually, what was your 1/8 time that will give you a good indication as it will also list your 60ft time. So the run that you done to 100+, you’ll be able to get your 1/8 time from that and also the 60ft

It will be thereabouts with 11.1 @ 124ish I would think. Good luck it does get addictive with the leaderboard trying to improve.

Actually, what was your 1/8 time that will give you a good indication as it will also list your 60ft time. So the run that you done to 100+, you’ll be able to get your 1/8 time from that and also the 60ft

Quickest 1/8 mile is 7.08s, 60ft: 1.71s. No idea if they're good or bad!

Quickest 1/8 mile is 7.08s, 60ft: 1.71s. No idea if they're good or bad!

Yes, that’s good mate. What was your exit speed on the 7.08 and 1.71 is a good launch too. You may get very close to the 10’s depending on what speed you were doing at 1/8. If it is around 102 then you should probably just dip into the 10’s

Yes, that’s good mate. What was your exit speed on the 7.08 and 1.71 is a good launch too. You may get very close to the 10’s depending on what speed you were doing at 1/8. If it is around 102 then you should probably just dip into the 10’s

If I'm reading it right it's 99.08mph at 7.08 seconds.

If I'm reading it right it's 99.08mph at 7.08 seconds.

From that I predict you’ll be around 11.05-11.15 from the 1/4, you would ideally need to be doing 102mph+ at the 1/8 especially with a 1.71 60ft to nip into the 10’s.

No worries, pretty decent anyway

Very quick yes. Give it a bash you never know, you might just break into the 10.9’s.

Have you loaded your times into Dragy? Some of the cars running in the US are nuts.

Yeah I have for my 0-60 times.

Just been out and got a 11.15 sec 1/4 mile at 124.47mph. Launch wasn't so good at 3.27 0-60 and span wheels a bit so there's definite room for improvement. Dead on what Leo-RS predicted though!

Last edited:
Reactions: Leo-RS and Deep penetrator
Just been out and got a 11.15 sec 1/4 mile at 124.47mph. Launch wasn't so good at 3.27 0-60 and span wheels a bit so there's definite room for improvement.

You should have a 100-200 figure now if you switch the units on the main screen. (Unit in metric selection)

0-60 is about traction, 100-200 (62-124) is about pace, this is where you compare your car to the likes of the M3/M4/C63’s etc. Should hopefully be under 8secs, most probably somewhere around 7.5

You’ll be able to determine how good your launch was with the 60ft time, anything below 1.8 is decent, anything below 1.75 is good and anything below 1.7 is excellent on road tyres (Probably need hot sticky weather for a 1.6x)

Good effort though.

Ok, so 100-200 is 7.77, 60ft 1.76s. Was a bumpy road and not quite straight mind you.

Reactions: Leo-RS
Great performance and a good benchmark for you to work on (You don’t need to keep on abusing LC for the 100-200 runs so it’s a bit kinder ;) )

Not measured on dragy today, but got a 60Ft of 1.68 at santa pod first run - im told this is quite good?!?

My face feels fried by the sun today hitting 30degC when we left about half 1, just home in time to see 15 mins of the England win.

Bit weird but my car (stock IC) ran cooler than the other 2 rs3's today, shame the other cars with different tunes didn't show to do a direct comparison, too many times last year this would happen so I don't really care what personal claims or dragy (comment at end) says.

Anyway, temps...
One RS3 with (claimed) 480bhp tune and stock IC, done by his local tuner, on air ride with 20in ferrari wheels and a passenger ran 12.2 and hit 120degC after the run. I ran with him on the RH lane with an 11.3 and temp was 93degC.

The other car had 492ps and forge IC, when I ran with him he ran an 11.35 and 110degC, mine was also 11.35 and 102degC.

Interesting.

So, I've said before, my personal aim was to better my PFL with circa £2.5k of performance modifications compared to my FL with a £630 tune

My PFL fastest timeslip last year:
IMG 20180707 181430 01

My FL first visit to pod at just under 2 months old at hit 2000miles down the strip, timeslip:
IMG 20180707 181442 01

Goal achieved and very very happy, we only saw maybe 4 cars (includes our 2 :tearsofjoy:)in the 11's or below before we left and that didn't include the modified M240 or 600hp supra or even the 700+hp Bentley that only managed 12.2.

I did a dragy run with a 0-60 3.39 published. Other than that, dragy results did NOT directly compare to the official santa pod timeslip.

Very very happy with today... over the moon understatement.

Reactions: T-800 and Beebee-one
And a good day had by all Steve........

You and Brian have done more in a few weeks than some build threads do in about 2 years

Reactions: monopole
Interesting to hear your Dragy times were out?

Everything I’ve seen they’ve been in within a few 1/100’s of a second and 1mph of the speeds.

The only time I’ve seen that they were out was when they were incorrectly mounted and stuggled with satellite lock.

My buddy last week run a 10.63 at 132 at the dragstrip and a 10.64 at 132 on the Dragy.

I’m struggling to get my head around 90-120c intake temps though with a 25c ambient. Those don’t add up for me, how were they measured?

A Forge or a Wagner should be about 10c above an ambient (at worst)

With 120c IAT temps, the car would drop into limp mode. That’s absolutely crazy.

Unless I’m misunderstanding something?

How were you measuring IAT’s? Can you post up the VCDS logs showing these and the timing and boost correction pulls? I don’t even think you would see 120c IATs in a 50c ambient in the Middle East on stock cooler after about 20 runs. That’s insane, the ecu would be in limp mode with those temps.

Last edited:
Interesting to hear your Dragy times were out?

Everything I’ve seen they’ve been in within a few 1/100’s of a second and 1mph of the speeds.

The only time I’ve seen that they were out was when they were incorrectly mounted and stuggled with satellite lock.

My buddy last week run a 10.63 at 132 at the dragstrip and a 10.64 at 132 on the Dragy.

I’m struggling to get my head around 90-120c intake temps though with a 25c ambient. Those don’t add up for me, how were they measured?

A Forge or a Wagner should be about 10c above an ambient (at worst)

With 120c IAT temps, the car would drop into limp mode. That’s absolutely crazy.

Unless I’m misunderstanding something?

How were you measuring IAT’s? Can you post up the VCDS logs showing these and the timing and boost correction pulls? I don’t even think you would see 120c IATs in a 50c ambient in the Middle East on stock cooler after about 20 runs. That’s insane, the ecu would be in limp mode with those temps.

Hi Leo,

I think Steve was referring to engine oil temps and was curious as to why his car was only showing 98 degC on the start line and mine alongside him had risen to 108 degC and was 110-112 at the end of the run while Steve's remained steady at high 90's. The other FL RS3 later in the day that lined up next to Steve, said his oil temp was at 120 degC which is way higher than either of us had seen before.

It was a blisteringly hot day at Santa Pod (towards 30 degC when we left) , I had doubts as to whether it was even worth attending due to the potential heat soak issues. My car has Forge IC with HG intake & DSG map but really struggled with launching after the first run and just would not launch consistently after that. Steve's stage 1 tuned car behaved really well and did some consistent times with good 60ft's. We did notice that there were very few cars (that were driven to the venue) that went faster than our times. I only managed an 11.35 with a terminal speed of 123.41mph but my launches were very poor due to the LC dropping in and out on the line (boost fluctuating?) that I just gave up in the end.
I am sure that in some cooler ambient temps that both cars could post quicker times.

Reactions: Leo-RS
Okay, yes, got you now. That makes a lot more sense being the oil temp. (No relationship to intercooler efficiency though)

Yes, 25-30c ambient temps definitely not the best for drag racing, a much cooler day would yield better speeds and times.

Great that you guys are testing and getting some benchmarks. The times will come down in time.

Good efforts.

Okay, yes, got you now. That makes a lot more sense being the oil temp. (No relationship to intercooler efficiency though)

Yes, 25-30c ambient temps definitely not the best for drag racing, a much cooler day would yield better speeds and times.

Great that you guys are testing and getting some benchmarks. The times will come down in time.

Good efforts.
Given how well Steve's MRC stage 1 car performed, even in the very hot conditions, I am struggling as to which way to go with my car with mods. I am beginning to think that the lower states of tune (stage 1 & 2) do not require DSG mapping......... and maybe my car would have run better today had I not screwed around with the DSG map. This is not the first time that I have experienced some weird stuff going on when trying to run my modded car (similar issues with my PFL stage 2 car) with mapped DSG at 1/4 mile sprints.
Dissapointed that no REVO or APR RS3's were there today for a comparison in the same hot conditions.

EDIT: Apologies to the OP. This stuff should be in the Stage 2 MRC thread.

Sorry Leo, yeah I should have specified engine oil temp. As Bri said, it's curious how my engine maintained a lower temp running next to the two other cars, 27 deg difference at one point which was my last run on the hottest air temp run at mid-day.

I was stuck in some very bad traffic last week and noticed my oil temp got up to 108 deg and did not seem to stop. When rolling it sits at around 95-98 degrees. I did wonder 1. How high would it get if I was stuck in traffic for much longer? 2. How high can the oil temp be allowed to get before it becomes an issue...120 degrees perhaps? 3. Are there any long term side effects of oil temp being consistently high?

And a good day had by all Steve........

You and Brian have done more in a few weeks than some build threads do in about 2 years

:grinning: and without the use of the word "boom" once or uploading a faux video :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Beebee-one and T-800