Who keeps buying things for their RS3?

Evotion

The Greed For Speed
Reaction score
Went into Audi Walton-on-Thames today to confirm my service date/time and had a look around.

Got seduced by the Audi Sport carbon look ceramic mug.... :dizzy:

Went home, told the missus I bought her a gift.
Said, "Look, this is for cold drinks and coffee and we can use the un-used Audi ashtray thing for mints!"

Her reply 'What a f***ing waste of money and where I am going to put my Diet Coke can?"

Women... haha.

Reactions: zcoreyy, SPIKE_, jimojameso and 3 others
Mug

Reactions: jimojameso and AudiNutta
Went into Audi Walton-on-Thames today to confirm my service date/time and had a look around.

Got seduced by the Audi Sport carbon look ceramic mug.... :dizzy:

Went home, told the missus I bought her a gift.
Said, "Look, this is for cold drinks and coffee and we can use the un-used Audi ashtray thing for mints!"

Her reply 'What a f***ing waste of money and where I am going to put my Diet Coke can?"

Women... haha.
Mate, from what you've said over the last few weeks I think you need to trade her in!

Reactions: jimojameso, Sandra and AudiNutta
Mate, from what you've said over the last few weeks I think you need to trade her in!

They wouldn't take her in part exhange.. tried that. :)

Going to keep her for a few more years and then trade her in for a Facelift model.
I guess I could do some upgrades on her but might as well get a model with less mileage on the clock.

[if the missus reads this then I will driving around in a Toyota Aygo....]

Reactions: Terminator x, dunes7, Colin A and 3 others

Going to keep her for a few more years and then trade her in for a Facelift model.
I guess I could do some upgrades on her but might as well get a model with less mileage on the clock.

Oh my, you living dangerously today lmao. :)

Reactions: 45bvtc
So far I've only bought the OBDeleven dongle, that's about it.

I got the cargo box thing for the trunk with my car, not sure how useful it is. Does anyone know if it attaches to the car somehow? It's the collapsible canvas box thing.

Very brave man, although it gave me a good laugh! Forget an Aygo, I think it'll be the bus.

I've had some genuine audi logo valve caps, a lambswool wash mit and new drying towels for two years in preparation. :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Evotion
So far I've only bought the OBDeleven dongle, that's about it.

I got the cargo box thing for the trunk with my car, not sure how useful it is. Does anyone know if it attaches to the car somehow? It's the collapsible canvas box thing.

I don't think it attaches, think it just slides around.

I'm thinking of changing the rear discs for some EBC ones, D1416, with the anti corrosion coating and Redstuff brake pads. EBC don't seem to list Redstuff brake pads for the rears on the RS3V. They do list list them for the rear of a MK7 Golf R though, DP32173C. I'm assuming the rear discs will be the same size as the previous two generations of Golf R, S3 & RS3 - 310 X 22.

I will search more for the correct items and have a look for posts from 45bvtc who seems to be quite genned up on Audi brakes.

I would be doing this mod purely for the cleanliness of the Redstuff brake pads compared to the awful dust products fitted as standard, at least to the RS Q3. Also from a maniac detailing point of view these discs are a delight to have as not only does it stop ya having to paint the hub part of the disc but with the factory coating actually inside of the vents on the disc, you don't get all the rusty water all over the inside of your wheels just after you've washed'em - Anal I know :smilingimp:

Overall the brakes seem to work okay but the rear ones do look crap. They look too small for the car and that rusty inner bit is embarrassing.
I would change them just for that.... What is the cheapest/easiest way to sort that?

Overall the brakes seem to work okay but the rear ones do look ****. They look too small for the car and that rusty inner bit is embarrassing.
I would change them just for that.... What is the cheapest/easiest way to sort that?

I am yet to get any sort of confirmation that the RS3V FL has the same rear brake set up as the RS3V PFL or VW Golf 7R, I will perservere.

If the rear disc is the same then EBC D1416 will be the ones for me with a plain steel face, no holes or slots. The best price for these that I've found is £77.01 from eBay, they are genuine EBC products. I have put EBC disc's on to a previous car and the black coating held up well on the hub and outer edge (also the inside of the cooling vanes, which made a world of difference to not having rusty water soil your wheels as soon as you've washed them - Manufacturers should fit these as standard!!!!)

Going to require more work on the EBC Redstuff brake pads for the rear as for the Golf 7R it appears to be DP32173C but I found http://www.ebcbrakeshop.co.uk/info-...l=RS3&spec=2.5 Turbo 362bhp&year=2016 (66/16) for the rear of an RS3V PFL.

My previous handi-work:

http://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/2855-minor-brake-upgrade/#comment-31101

@dunes7 what is your car history then? I see you do/had a Golf R, and then your avatar shows an RS Q3, but are you now onto an RS3?

Sorry for being nosey, but like your selection of cars!

Overall the brakes seem to work okay but the rear ones do look ****. They look too small for the car and that rusty inner bit is embarrassing.

Paint the bells is the cheapest option, when they are new you can use POR15. That is great stuff but does turn golden with heat but no rust.

Otherwise the rust free option is the Tom Wrigley setup on the stickies, but prepare your wallet.

@dunes7 what is your car history then? I see you do/had a Golf R, and then your avatar shows an RS Q3, but are you now onto an RS3?

Sorry for being nosey, but like your selection of cars!

Hello Spike_S1

Yes I had a couple of MK6 Golf R's, these were both purchased second hand for very good prices. The step up to a brand new RS Q3 last year was quite a splash out of the cash, but it was a car we wanted and have enjoyed, unfortunately it has had a problem and it has not been fixed so a deal has been agreed on a RS3. In all honesty I hope to have another RS Q3 on the newer platform (MQB) or even a RS Q4 in the future. But having had a car with that gorgeous 5-pot in, there isn't anything else to use in the meantime, the TT RS is simply too small for our usage.

Reactions: SPIKE_
@dunes7
This is the oem discs with part no's used for the 2016 and 2018 rs3:

Audi rs3 8v 2016 rear brake
Audi rs3 2018 rear brake

Reactions: dunes7