Who is the bravest? on OEM rotors

dexx913

Reaction score
guys,

I'm going back to the full OEM look on my 2010 sepang blue a3 S line and looking to purchase some 18-19 rotors as i do love the look of them,however there definitely not wide enough to give it the aggressive look thats needed!

so my question is who runs the largest spacers on there standard wheels? what can i get away with?

also opinions on sizes as i am swaying towards the 18" as i think the wheel looks fuller with the smaller size.

Thanks dec

Well I'm biased I have 18" rotors myself on my A3 BE and I think they are great.
Fill the arches well IMHO and comfortable enough on s line suspension.
Ul get a harder ride on 19"s.
Personally I don't think they need spacers but each to their own :)
There is a cost issue as well as a new 18" rotor is just under 500 quid. God Knows how much a 19 is ..
Are u buying new or second hand?

I do quite agree they look good on standard height!
but I'm on coil overs and i do run them very low as i prefer the wider wheel look, I'm thinking of spacing them to an offset of ET40 and praying for no rubbing issues.

i have sold my bentley splits and my mercedes mono blocks so i have a bit of cash to play with but i have found a genuine set second hand for 750 in really good condition so they could be the ones to go for!

do you have spacers on yours or just standard?

I don't fully understand the whole ET thing, but I have 18" RS4 ET 54's on my S-Line.
Is the ET the distance from the hub to the outside edge of the wheel?

yes the offset is indeed!
for me the offset game is just getting the wheel sitting flush with the arch.

Reactions: Phil-1
This guy, 9x20 ET26!!

Reactions: warren_S5, MrWhItEwOlF and Phil-1
i just had a look at that!

theres a reason he hasn't got from arches lol!

but the concave and width do look AWESOME