Who is recommended for stage 2+ map for 2.0tfsi quattro

Sid2go

Reaction score
Trying to find a reputable garage (like r-tech) who has a 4 wheel drive dyno that can remap my 2.0tfsi a4 b7 quattro in the westmidlands area. unfortunately r-tech only remap fwd or vag vehicles that have the haldex system.

Anyone with experience and cost of remap?

also which manufacture would you guys choose for a hpfp internal upgrade?
vis vs autech

what intercooler systems do you use?
ebay bits and bobs? (obviously china)
marvel racing twin intercooler? (from china)
KWE twin intercooler? (from germany)
Airtech front mount intercooler?

I've been collecting parts ready to build next year. There's a lot of info out there. Sometimes too much.

From my brief research (don't take this as gospel) if you speak to R-Tech they will more than likely refer you to MRC, but Unicorn seem to have a good reputation too.

I expect others are out there too.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I've been collecting parts ready to build next year. There's a lot of info out there. Sometimes too much.

From my brief research (don't take this as gospel) if you speak to R-Tech they will more than likely refer you to MRC, but Unicorn seem to have a good reputation too.

I expect others are out there too.

I feel that MRC will be very expensive probably around £800 i think. So i will try and email Unicorn motorsport.

also are you planning on running stock intercooler on the k03? or are you planning on doing a k04? I am also thinking about going for methanol route.

I feel that MRC will be very expensive probably around £800 i think. So i will try and email Unicorn motorsport.

also are you planning on running stock intercooler on the k03? or are you planning on doing a k04? I am also thinking about going for methanol route.
I'm going hybrid but might put it on with the standard K03. I didn't really see the point without doing the rest. I have a AWE tuning intercooler and hard pipe kit ready to go on. Looks to be decently made. Got a lot to do before that though.

I'm going hybrid but might put it on with the standard K03. I didn't really see the point without doing the rest. I have a AWE tuning intercooler and hard pipe kit ready to go on. Looks to be decently made. Got a lot to do before that though.

are you having turbo dynamics do your hybrid setup?
with the hard pipe are you replacing them with 034 motorsport silicon or actual custom hardpipe?

with the hard pipe are you replacing them with 034 motorsport silicon or actual custom hardpipe?
No I have a Loba Lo400L which has all the fab work to be direct mount.

I will be keeping to the hard pipe kit that comes with the intercooler as it's all designed to fit.

I have various other bits and pieces I've collected over the last 2 years.

Needing to identify a decent clutch setup next as mines on its last legs.

Then over winter start buying gaskets and various bits.

Got to investigate oil pump options too.. once you start the list is long.

Midland turbo has done my hybrid k03 for me has a 8p s3 core and uprated actuator.

I would really recommend Rick. Mapped my A4 3.0TDI twice with and without the hybrid turbo. Then took my MK1 TT to him to get mapped. Knows these engines inside out and will get the best out of any package. Not far from Manchester airport so not really a million miles from West Mids. I live in Cannock .

Reactions: Sam1989 and Rob Avant
Desertstorm I did not realise you were on here you did a map for me on my 1.9tdi Passat with the bv43, I did sell it and it’s still going with its new owner.

Reactions: desertstorm
Another vote for Unicorn... I’d been running some generic stage 2+ software from a well know company that I wasn’t happy with. Took the car over to Rick and the difference between the maps was night and day. I’ll definitely be going back to them when I go down the k04 route. I’ve got a few more things on the never ending list to do first.

got a quote from unicorn motorsport. well happy that they can do a customtune with addons. All i need now is a hpfp. vis motorsport quoted me £350 for a hpfp internal and a balance shaft delete which uses a sprocket that contains bearings.... also anyone use marvel racing intercooler?