Who is best for chipped S3?

C2 DTN

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Its coming up for renewal and best price so far is £489 with M&S bank through compare the market.

BUT, ive ordered a DTUK FSR+ box and declaring that the best ive had is £960 from Adrian Flux

Im 37, got 1 sp30, 7 years NCB, live in leeds, car on drive overnight with tracker fitted.

Are there any companies out there that dont add alot for the chipping?

What details do you need or am I best to phone ?

Please feel free to try our car insurance scheme as well :)

Definately worth posting the question. Looks like ill be insuring with Chris Knott at the end of the week.

Came in quite a bit cheaper than the next cheapest quote and included protected NCB and business use, with the increase to 352bhp declared.

If you don't mind me asking, was it a lot more than £489? I'm curious to know how much difference a mod like this makes.

Yes it was, but the £489 didnt include business use or protected NCB. The cheapest without the mod after adding the business use and protected NCB was more like £600.

The mod is costing me approx £250 extra

Thanks for letting me know :) That's a fair bit extra every year.

I used to own a 320BHP car which wasn't very expensive to insure. However if I mod my (cheaper to insure) S1 to match that power, the insurance price skyrockets. Makes no sense to me.

Thanks for letting me know :) That's a fair bit extra every year.

I used to own a 320BHP car which wasn't very expensive to insure. However if I mod my (cheaper to insure) S1 to match that power, the insurance price skyrockets. Makes no sense to me.

I dont think an extra £250 is all that bad.

You have to understand the way insurance view things.

If you buy a faster car, then it just happens to be a fast car and its insured on a base price.

When you chip / remap, you are basically admitting to them that you like to "use" the power of the car + a bit more, so you naturally become a higher risk because your driving style is assumed to be more risky.